Aspergers and stress making situation weird...

7 posts Page 1 of 1

Vincent

Post by Vincent » Thu May 09, 2013 4:39 am
Hi Everyone.

I'm brand new to the forum and I hope I'm posting in the right place. I've had an IVA for about 8 months now, been keeping up with payments and doing fairly well, but I have just moved flats and I have Aspergers so the move has been really stressful, this tends to result in really bad prolonged anxiety amongst other weird and wonderful things, and basically I haven't gotten round to telling my IP yet, it's been a couple of months now, I really don't know what to do, I feel like I've really messed things up, I know I need to call her, but I'm just too frightened to do it.

I'm not using my mental health as an excuse and I know it's not there problem at all but I just cannot communicate over the phone, I know it's sounds really childish but it's quite normal for me to be terrified to use a phone, has anyone got some advice?

Sorry about my first post being a sob story but I feel like I'm in a bit of a pickle I can't get out of [V]

Thanks for reading :)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu May 09, 2013 7:58 am
Hi Vincent and welcome. Who is your IP ?

I usually communicate by email, as I am always "back footed" on the phone. My son had a Sensory Integration Disorder (similar to Aspergers) and I know how change can really throw a spanner in the works ! Funnily, when we go to meetings and they start to run through signs and symptoms, I can see myself in his place too --- no wonder school was difficult! Anyway .....

Email would be my solution, and, it's not too late to tell your IP -- but try not to leave it too much longer.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

harrysmummy78

Post by harrysmummy78 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:34 am
Welcome to the forum Vincent :)

I suffer with panic disorder and although for my job I am confident face-face and on the phone when it come to my life I fall to bits when I have to pick up a phone but I prefer to communicate via email that way you also have a record of all communications then. Just drop your IP a quick email explaining your situation and I am sure they will understand.
Hope you settle in to your new home very soon :) Louise.
Inter-locking IVA approved 25th Feb 2013 - F&F offer Accepted 06th July 2017 - Completion Certificate received 20th July 2017

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu May 09, 2013 9:29 am
I am the same as I always think when communicating to have a paper trail is good.

Welcome from me too.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Sensible77

Post by Sensible77 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:54 pm
Hi, Vincent. I very rarely contact my IVA company by phone and use e-mail as, like other posters here, I want a record of what's been discussed. There won't be a problem with you e-mailing them.

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Thu May 09, 2013 1:34 pm
Hi Vincent welcome to the forum, sorry to read what a stressful time you are having.

Email is absolutely fine for contacting your IP - they may want to speak to you at sompe point though to go over your new I&E to make sure your payments are still set correctly.

Remember your IP and the team are there to HELP you and support you in your IVA. Hopefully you are with a good team so that what I have said is true! Lots of people have been in this situation and the longer its left the worse it is.

Give yourself a break and send the email now then the sooner it can be dealt with and you can tick it off your stress list, you have enough day to day stress to deal with just by having Aspergers.

As well as your IP, you have now found some new friends to support you in your IVA journey so hope you will stay around on the forum. :-)
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Thu May 09, 2013 9:10 pm
Welcome from me too. As the others say, use e-mail it will be a lot easier for you. Good luck.
Life after IVA is wonderful.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “we salute the special people managing disability”