Frugal Friends Map - A reminder to al!

4 posts Page 1 of 1

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:51 am
Supporting each other, particularly when members are at similar stages in the process, is great and is actively encouraged, but the forum itself is not really the place for lengthy private chats
between just a couple of members, as it makes it seem that other posters who are giving advice and support on the thread are being ignored.

Its great that we have so many new members who would like to chat among themselves, but I would just like to point out that the best way to do this is to use the forum map. This is a special facility, unique to this site. By logging on to it via your profile you can add as many members as you wish to be your forum friends, exchange emails and chat away to your hearts content: so why not put yourselves on the Frugal Friends map ... who knows, it may lead to lasting friendships, as I have found.

You may find you live close to each other......and be able to visit! It's great to meet up!

Give it a try!
Last edited by kallis3 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:59 am
Great post Jan, I agree, the map is perfect for making new friends who are perhaps just around the corner, and then you can have a good old gab by email, on the phone or even meet up. I know I don't know what I'd do without my offline forum buddies. [:)] X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:10 pm
Yes, it's great to chat offline about all sorts of things, not just debt.

It's good for breaking the ice before a FF meeting so that you at least 'know' someone before you get there!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:51 pm
The Frugal Friends map is a great spin-off from this fabulous website - and I firmly agree that the forum needs to focus on the provision of debt advice and support - especially to newer members who may be nervous about making their first postings.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Put yourself on the map !”