ccj

experiences people in debt have when dealing with their creditors
5 posts Page 1 of 1

unsure

Post by unsure » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:01 pm
Hello everyone
just been notified that one creditor has obtained a ccj by default. the question i need to be answrerd if anyone can advise is will the court grant a charging order against my property for this ccj effectively giving this creditor preferred treatment above the remaining 12 creditors.Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:08 pm
Hello unsure.

I'm not an expert, and am not sure of the answer to your question, but can I just ask if you are in an IVA or not?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

unsure

Post by unsure » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:13 pm
Hi Kallis
iva is not set up now and i am not sure how this will affect it. I will speak to someone on Monday

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:18 pm
Yes, I think it would be a good idea to speak to whichever company you are using to set up your IVA.

I don't know anything about CCJ's at all.

If one of the experts is online, they might be able to answer the question for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Storm

Post by Storm » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:21 pm
With judgement issued the creditor can now apply for an interim charging order which will be granted if left undefended.

Its not an automatic process - it requires the creditor to make application for such.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “creditor contacts”