After 8 hard years I finally finished my IVA

3 posts Page 1 of 1

younis77

Post by younis77 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:00 pm
Hi All,

I just wanted to share my story with every one.

I started my IVA in September 2009 after getting in a lot of difficulties, and I know a lot of people will say if you can't control your spending then you shouldn't complain but to be honest the only reason why I end up like this is because when I bought my house I was hoping to re mortgage in two years so I can pay my credit cards bills I used to re do the house back in 2007 but with the financial crises all went wrong with me.

Anyway I signed up with Vardennuttal and to be fair on them they were really good to start with. my income increased massively so my payment went up from £340 per month to £570 per month and during that time I got married and after a year had two kids so you can all imagine how difficult it was for me to support my family specially when my wife was not working.

in 2014 my IVA was extended by 1 year because I couldn't re mortgage my house, and my last payment was in September 2015, and since then I was chasing Vardennuttal every two weeks for my certificate and by March 2016 I was informed that they went into administration and I guess most of you know the rest of story, but I finally got my completion certificate end of February 2017 and despite the long waiting, I was the happiest person on that time.

Now i'm in a process to re mortgage my house with a better deal and I feel my life is back to normal.

PS: never use a credit card unless you really really have to and make sure you can afford to pay it before even you receive you statement :)

Thank you for all your support during the last 8 years and all the best for the people who are still on IVA.

Kind regards
Younis
YOUNIS

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:52 pm
Well done Younis --- now you can get on with the rest of your life with this all behind you.

Good to hear some VN completions are finally starting to go through.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:42 pm
Great post and very best of luck from me.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “a success story”