DFD and Equity In Finance can I complain?

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
8 posts Page 1 of 1

hr1350

Post by hr1350 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:04 pm
Hi
I do not post here very often but feel I need some help regarding my IVA.
My final payment into my IVA was in August 2012 and some 15 months later I am still no closer to getting my IVA signed off as completed and being able to move on with my life.

Debt Free Direct never reply to emails I send them (or if they do they are generic replays) all they have ever really done for me is send through yearly reports. As I paid every month without fail I feel it is unacceptable to still be waiting for my IVA to be completed some 15 months later.
When I do get a reply from DFD they say my case is still awaiting PPI claims to be resolved and I need to contact EIF.
Well lets not get started on these people, they have had my PPI cases (not through my choice I was basically told I had to go with them) for close to 2 years and they have still not completed any work. I only get contact from them when I email them I am never kept informed of my case. They have taken thousands from PPI claims and provide a shoddy service.

All of this is coursing me a lot of stress I want to be able to move on with my life and starting build a credit history so I can at least get a new mobile phone contract.

Am I able to complain to the financial ombudsman about these companies as I really do think for the amount of money both companies have made out of me the service has been a disgrace.
In and IVA and looking forward to the future

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:09 pm
Hi -- The FO will not be interested in these matters. What you need to do is to formally complain to DFD through their internal complaints procedure. If that produces no results you need to complain to their regulators.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

hr1350

Post by hr1350 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:18 pm
Arh right thanks I wasn't sure if it would be the FO, who would be the regulators for IVA and PPI companies?
I have just sent off a rather polite but firmly put email to DFD and will see if they reply if not I will send an official complaint to them.

Borneo

Post by Borneo » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:18 pm
Hi
Why can't you agree to Debt Free Direct issuing you with your documents whilst PPI claims are ongoing. I thought they did MVM Meetings like GT?
Katy

hr1350

Post by hr1350 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:23 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Borneo

Hi
Why can't you agree to Debt Free Direct issuing you with your documents whilst PPI claims are ongoing. I thought they did MVM Meetings like GT?
All DFD ever say is your case is with EIF and they can't do anything more until thats completed. I am getting very fed up with them now. They have made thousands out of me over the last 6 years and the service is shocking.

Borneo

Post by Borneo » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:45 pm
This does not sound right.

There are new guidelines now that allow IP's to close cases and issue closing documents whilst PPI is being dealt with.

The fact that your case is with EIF makes no difference. DFD are still responsible to you. Keep on at them!
Katy

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:50 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by ianhrp

Arh right thanks I wasn't sure if it would be the FO, who would be the regulators for IVA and PPI companies?
I have just sent off a rather polite but firmly put email to DFD and will see if they reply if not I will send an official complaint to them.
Have a look here:

http://www.bis.gov.uk/insolvency/contac ... ts-Gateway
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Matt Singleton

Post by Matt Singleton » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:57 am
Hello Ianhrp,

Please find my email address in my profile. If you could drop me an email and include your contact details I will look into your case further, and get back to you to discuss any questions you may have.

Thanks,
Matt
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”