Current Accounts

8 posts Page 1 of 1

Boltonbwfc

Post by Boltonbwfc » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:05 pm
Hi all

I finished my IVA in March this year and have managed to rebuild some levels of my credit score which currently under Experian score 989 out 999 and graded as excellent. All my credit file is cleared of the IVA and defaults etc as I have thoroughly checked also with Noddle. I applied for a current account with no overdraft from Lloyd's and also my current bank Halifax. I have currently a Halifax Easycash account. There are no defaults, etc on my bank account and the Halifax have confirmed that I have an excellent clean bank account record with them but yet I am getting declined for a current bank account! Any ideas why and what I can do to obtain a current account? Thanks in advance.

Boltonbwfc
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination."

Officially IVA Ending 31st August 2015! We've done it :-)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:21 pm
Halifax and Lloyds are part of the same group. I assume you had the Easycash account during your IVA. If so they will be aware of the IVA regardless of credit reports -- this might (MIGHT) be the reason.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Boltonbwfc

Post by Boltonbwfc » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:40 pm
Cheers Foggy. I used the Easycash account during the IVA. Are they allowed to hold this against you and keep this on record despite my completion of the IVA and debts? Thanks.
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination."

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:28 pm
Yes, indeed they can hold anything against you and are at liberty to refuse your custom on any factual grounds which do not transgress discrimination laws.

They can keep this in their own records as long as there is a relationship between you plus 7 years.

Of course, this is only a guess that this is the reason. Also check there are no Notices of Correction on your credit files referring to the IVA.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Boltonbwfc

Post by Boltonbwfc » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:59 pm
Hi Foggy

No notices of correction at all. Should I call in to see a branch manager? Or look elsewhere? Thanks again.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:19 pm
Take care as these declines will no doubt be damaging your credit rating. Have you also checked Clearscore, Equifax and Callcredit agencies too?
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

ginger323232

Post by ginger323232 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:03 pm
I personally would look elswhere for your banking -

Nationwide have soften their approach to IVa to - you can apply online and you get a answer usually within a few minutes

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:05 pm
Often a sympathetic branch manager can override "computer says no". But, as Lisa says, don't go applying willy nilly, as this will damage your sparkly record. I would chose a bank and pop in to branch to see how they feel before they do a search. But first, have a chat at the Halifax branch.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Complaints procedure”