pet food increase

13 posts Page 1 of 1

patty

Post by patty » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:17 am
just wanted to comment, have been in iva for 3 yrs but only ever been given £23 allowance for pet food/insurance. we have a male boxer weighing 38 kilos! We have tried getting our allowance increased on our expenditure form before to no avail.this time I decided to ring my IP and ask for the amount to be increased.
it costs us £57.00 p/m for pet food and insurance, and we have been given £56 now, after some arguing mind. Worth it though. I just wish I could claim the past 3 years worth back

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:27 am
Hi patty, good for you for phoning the IP and securing what I see as a necessity for your boy. I have a doberman so understand the costs involved.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:03 am
That's a realistic figure. Well done you for ringing and arguing your case
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:51 pm
I think so many people are scared to rock the boat but clearly if you are willing to fight your corner you may get a little victory every now and then.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:37 pm
Well done Patty. The guidelines are just that and are all open to discussion. Anyone that can put forward a valid argument should be listened to and where possible the increase written into the IVA (as long as not for insurance for your Porsche!!)
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

ruffin

Post by ruffin » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:18 am
Well done I only get £20 for a dog larger than yours which is a joke as he is eating us out of house and home He cant have cheap food as it runs through him and he suffers with his skin and hair. .Then you have annual boosters to pay and I put a extra £10 on my Yearly review for his upkeep.and no one has said anything..The guidelines are no doubt their for a reason but with rising costs in all areas they don't seem to match up very well when it comes to managing.The dog is important in our household..

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:01 pm
Dogs are as much a part of the family as anyone and as such should be treated so. I recently lost my beloved dog and feel so lost. Cherish yours and give them a hug from me x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:52 pm
I have noticed somewhere online that does food cheaper than I get it even with paying postage/delivery. Will give them a try.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

dunkynuts

Post by dunkynuts » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:47 am
I only got one Cat and with Insurance and having to buy a good quality cat litter as he is partially sighted and he can't go outrside really eats up my allowance, so god knows how people who have one or several large dogs manage.
Have no regrets,the future is ours!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:54 am
I agree dunkynuts. Harry's food is around £14 a bag plus the cost of his insurance (over £23 a month) and cat litter as he'll only use Catsan and it starts to add up, especially when you add in the flea and worm treatment and annual jabs as well!

I use Pet Supermarket to buy his food as it works out quite a bit cheaper, especially as they give free delivery.

dunkynuts

Post by dunkynuts » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:39 am
Skippy, Duncan will only use Catsan as well. I'm going to look at Pet Supermarket for his food as I intend on putting him on a dry food diet as whatever Wet food I try him with gives him stomach upsets at the moment-Pets, who'd have them?
Have no regrets,the future is ours!

ruffin

Post by ruffin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:26 pm
I sometimesused Pet Supermarket as well but last time I used them the delivery took a week and I had run out of dog food so I then tried these
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs

and the delivery is really fast & free I ordered some Monday and it was here by Wednesday and you have the choice of two different delivery companys...PLUS you get points for everything you buy so you can spend them on treats..

ruffin

Post by ruffin » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:48 pm
I have had my dogs food stolen 4 times in the past its left the company arrived at the postal warehouse then disappeared into thin air..Fortunately that hasn't happened since we entered a IVA or else we would be well and truly stuffed..They do replace it as its been paid for but it takes time..I have a pets at home near me but it can be expensive unless they have offers on..
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “pets corner”