Vincent Bond my experience

15 posts Page 1 of 1

essex_jim

Post by essex_jim » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:59 pm
Started a DMP with Vincent Bond 2 months ago, I chose them over the free DMP companies for the simple reason that I wanted my matters (11 seperate creditors totalling around £11k) dealt with fast and with good service. What can I say? Superb, 2 months on and only 1 creditor appears to be dragging their heels a bit. Everyone else has accepted. I'm paying an amount I can afford and the customer service has been outstanding. I went through Andy Davie and his admin support officer has answerred every email, phonecall very quickly and given advice where needed, even if sometimes I've just been a little paranoid about the letters/phonecalls etc (though I'm told this is natural to feel this way!).

I can't fault this company and would recommend them in future to a friend. My life has improved ten fold since picking up the phone to Andy Davie, my only regret is that I wish I'd done it sooner. I'm 27 and have around 2 and a half years to finish the DMP. After that I'll try to rebuild my credit score somehow in order to one day get a mortgage with my partner. That will be the only debt I ever take out again.

I came on this site at the time to ask for advice and I got it and have followed through with it. I did also go on some other forums and some people seemed to encourage the free DMP companies, however, I recall at the time barely any of the customers using that service had their DMPs accepted within 2 months. This means the debts just keep building the longer it is before they accept, surely that outweighs any fees charged? Anyway, I'm happy with the decision I took.

Thankyou everyone on here!

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:50 pm
Nice to see a positive post on DMP, which sometimes (unfairly in my view) gets a bad press on here. Used correctly, as in this case it seems, they are an invaluable tool in the never ending fight against consumer debt.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:33 pm
An excellent post! Nice to see a good review for VB and Andy.

Glad it's all working out for you, hope it continues that way.
Let us know how things keep going for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:20 pm
I agree a positive post for VB and for Andy, I hope your DMP continues to run smoothly for you and your post will no doubt help others who choose this option. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

essex_jim

Post by essex_jim » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:37 pm
Posted this back in 2010. I've just finished the DMP now. Every creditor, paid off in full.

A few things about Vincent Bond and my experience.

Service was impeccable. I've dealt with a few different advisors over the 2 years, that's fine, doesn't bother me if people change just as long as the service keeps going and it really did. Everyone was experienced, were clearly trained well and nothing was ever too much.

I was in an utter mess when I picked the phone up to VB, I mean to the point I couldn't sleep, dreading a phonecall, another letter. My only regret is not going to them sooner. I was advised on moneysupermarket etc.. not to use a fee charging DMP company. Well I trust my own instinct, and it was my belief that VB would work alot harder to freeze the amounts and get the creditors onside. I was paying VB after all for this service, it was a 2 way thing and they met this expectation and some. I believed I probably paid less by VB securing these amounts so quickly so I avoided further charges etc... to the creditors.

VB made it all seem so easy, I knew it would be a hard slog to get the creditors paid off but they gave me that light at the end of the tunnel which when you're in a mountain of debt you can't see.

VB advisors have even given me advice since I cancelled my arrangment with them. I needed a bit of advice about how to rebuild my credit rating and they didn't hold back advising me even though there's no more payments coming from me. Hardly the 'sharks' some reviewers I've seen elsewhere accuse fee charging DMP companies of.

You could of course try and organise a DMP yourself. Fine. You really could. But I'm the sort of person who gets himself into a mess with 13 different creditors owing them all money and not keeping on top of it, then it's fair to say I was never going to be good with organising a DMP on my own! I couldn't and things would've probably got even worse.

Thanks to VB. A truly great company and who have been a massive help in me rebuilding my finances.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:44 pm
What a positive journey you've had to debt freedom helped by a good company to assist you.

I'm sure Andy Davie will be pleased to read this and pass on your positivity to his colleagues who helped. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

essex_jim

Post by essex_jim » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:47 pm
Andy was the first person I spoke to actually. He really calmed my nerves 'We'll do this I promise James'. Well we did, and thankyou.

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:16 pm
What a brilliant post. Good luck for the future Jim x

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:10 pm
Bit late to this thread but it is nice to see something so positive and clearly shows why Andy won Debt Counsellor of the Year!
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

Hayley.dl

Post by Hayley.dl » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:24 pm
I wish we had been given the chance to shop around for an IVA provider instead of being 'coerced' into the one recommended by the debt charity with whom we had been dealing for a year beforehand. [:(]

Jim, you are an inspiration. My regret is not going with the same crowd. I am envious and glad for you that you are now debt free. Congrats! [:D]

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:05 am
Hayley are you able to swap over...I'm not sure if this would cause any problems but I'm sure Andy wouldn't mind having a chat with you about options. x

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:11 am
Lesley, I think Hayley is already committed to a certain company whix=ch is less than effective at communication and plagued by the "PPI Blight".
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:16 am
Oh right I beg your pardon wasn't keeping up. Dipping in and out the forum of late rather than spending any time due to a commitment coming up in April but after that I'll try and get up to speed. Apologies Hayley x

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:40 pm
I hear a lot about charities moving clients to 1 avenue and not advising them to shop around. When doing the training for our Money Advice Centre we too have been told to contact a large (getting larger all the time) IP company.

I have advised all our volunteers to advice this is just one of many companies and to contact 2 or 3 companies before making a decision.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:42 am
excellent advice Kazza x
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “keeping in touch”