IVA Register: Class Action to sue Government

42 posts Page 3 of 3

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:47 pm
Hi
"State has a statutory duty, to maintain and enter information onto the Electronic Individual Insolvency Register (eIIR) where a bankruptcy order has been made."
Are you not in an IVA rather than Bankruptcy ?

I see no sense in an Insolvency Register open to all and sundry.Yes financial institutions and suppliers offering credit terms should be able to access the info,but Joe Public,i;e your next door neighbour....NO
Regards
Andam Davies

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:27 pm
They don't have to maintain an "electronic" register - because if they did why is there not the same in Scotland or Northern Ireland? It is high time the accessibility of this information was limited to those with a "need to know", and I fully support your action Andy.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:41 am
I agree, and would be happy to support a class action, I'd like to remain anonymous though.

Anything which restricts the register on a need to know basis is a good thing, and removing it from the internet and general public view is the only way to stop the search engines from listing the site and database contents.

On reading the response from the Insolvency Service I've got to say those thoughts were running through my head too. I'm in a IVA and not Bankrupt.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:22 pm
I'd be happy to support that as well, but also anonymously.

Why is that people assume that IVA and Bankruptcy are the same?

I'm surprised the Insolvency Service didn't differentiate between the two.

I feel the same as inaiva - I'm not bankrupt, just in an IVA.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

denise.p

Post by denise.p » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:57 am
HI guys count me in for this I to feel very upset
do you know that if you apply for a job the company can look you up on the net so you don't even get an interveiw if you have been in Prison for a crime the job is yours is there a list on the net of offenders BET NOT

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:26 am
Yes, and there are some people who work in our finance department at work who check the insolvency register when assessing new clients.

I was under the wrong impression they only used CRA's which keep a record of the search.

When I heard that I felt sick, I really hope they do not look up people in the office out of curiosity, or was this their way to let me know they know my situation.

That dammed register.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:35 am
Doesnt affect me as I am in scotland but this is truely horrible. One of my middle names is very unusual so if I was in england on the register and someone typed in my name up I would pop,thats outrageous. The sooner the info in restricted to those who require it the better.

Surely there must be a case of someone who has been on the register having been defrauded by someone who gained info from the register.

There really is no need for public access,as Mel says,its doesnt happen all over the uk.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

MrsPurple

Post by MrsPurple » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:37 pm
Can anyone tell me how this is going as I was appalled when I found out, due to get lots of mail from IP's trying to get me to ove IVA (which is illegal), also when I asked how they got my details as I'm ex directory they quoted the website and a journal available to IP's.

Have suffered with depression (on the back end of it now) so didn't have energy to persue further, but am appalled everyone could know my financial business.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:52 pm
Unfortunately it didn't get anywhere! The register will remain in the public domain.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

canaries

Post by canaries » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:38 pm
With a change in Goverment and the change of details of BR not now having to go in the local papers I wonder if this could be looked into again.
I wonder why they stopped the local paper advert ? was it because someone realized it causes stress and worry, if so so does the ****
Register and being able to just google your name.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:56 pm
It has been suggested, don't know if Andy will take it up.

I google my name and I'm all sorts of things, real estate agent, singer, author - you name it! I'm just not me though!
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:14 pm
My name is unusual and luckily on google it only brings up meetings I've been to with work etc., Council meeting notes and the like phew. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
42 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “IVA Register: Class Action to sue Government”