thinkbanking and Freeman Jones?

38 posts Page 3 of 3

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat May 14, 2011 6:08 pm
I totally agree Skippy, when I go into the branch they obviously know I've got the basic account but they're always so polite and if I've ever had cause to ring their customer service is great.

My son has recently changed to them from the Abbey and he agrees with me x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

larainep

Post by larainep » Sun May 15, 2011 9:33 am
I have a Halifax Easycash account, which I have had since 2007, after closing my Thinkbanking account down (had issues with them!) The Easycash account is conducted either on-line through internet banking, or in-branch at a special free-phone. You can't use the counter staff. You get a Visa Electron card for purchases, and most places now accept Electron so its not as restrictive as it once was. Three and a half years in and I've had no problems at all, even when my card got swallowed by a cash machine, one Sunday morning, I got home, reported it, and my new card arrived on Wednesday. (Replacement cards via Thinkbanking took 2 weeks!)
59 months down, 1 to go... whoop whoop!

veepee

Post by veepee » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:10 pm
Think Banking is a part of the Gregory Pennington Group who also own Freeman Jones.

Need I say more!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:07 pm
Personally I wouldn't touch a fee paying bank whilst there is still free banking out there.

Thinkbanking have mixed reviews on here.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

ginger3232

Post by ginger3232 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:17 pm
Blimey - just looked - they have put their prices Up - £25 set up fee and £14 per month.(more for a joint account) bug*er that !!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:20 pm
Too right!!! That's a lot of money if you're already strapped for cash!!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

KAYKAY

Post by KAYKAY » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:12 pm
When I entered my IVA and needed to change to my bank I went to Abbey (now Santander) and set up a basic account.... it was all I needed at that time and easy to obtain. I have since opened an normal bank acount with them and have a visa debit card. Never had any problems and great for online banking.
IVA Completed August 2011

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:20 pm
I have a basic account with Nationwide, complete with debit card now and have had no problems. Co-op are highly recommended and Barclays do a good basic account as well and are usually IVA friendly.

Natwest also do a good basic account.

The main thing is that they are FREE!!!
Bob Marley.
38 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “IVA postbag for march”