A weight lifted......i hope

53 posts Page 4 of 4

Mutley1968

Post by Mutley1968 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:15 pm
Morning All
Long time no see.

Well, it's nearly here, it's nearly over.
After paying my regular amount (variable due to E&I) for 5 years, then going into a 6th year due to no Equity release being available, I am one payment away from the end, although my last payment is technically on the 25th of April, but that's just a small tidy up amount to get the numbers straight.............the 25th of April is also my birthday, a double celebration :)

I cannot say the journey has been easy and sometimes struggling with the money I had left in the bank each month was a challenge if an expense popped up, but I am glad I started this journey so many years ago (if anybody out there has not started yet....go for it)

I have nothing for praise for how Freeman Jones has handled everything, I always felt they had my best interests at heart and were not just in it for there percentage, I would recommend them in an instant :)

The only blip was claiming PPI............having to hand over, over £15,000 from Lloyds to my IVA was a bit of a pill to swallow.......but I knew any award going in would not be mine to keep........still, for a moment.....it was nice :)

Cheers
Art

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:17 pm
Great to hear. Well done :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:34 pm
Excellent post - well done from me as well.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:35 am
Well done - you've come along way on your journey to debt freedom - nearly there .. stay positive and focused x
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Allywally

Post by Allywally » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:37 pm
Hello Mutley 1968, just read through the whole thread from your despair to elation - well done and I agree that Freeman Jones are a great firm to work with. I started my IVA in February 2013 and concur with everything you say about your early journey. Not too long for me now with equity clause hitting me in August so I will have the extra 12 months but hey ho I accept my sentence!! Good luck for your debt free future :D

Allywally

Post by Allywally » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:38 pm
Hello Mutley 1968, just read through the whole thread from your despair to elation - well done and I agree that Freeman Jones are a great firm to work with. I started my IVA in February 2013 and concur with everything you say about your early journey. Not too long for me now with equity clause hitting me in August so I will have the extra 12 months but hey ho I accept my sentence!! Good luck for your debt free future :D Fully deserve 'post of the month'

Mutley1968

Post by Mutley1968 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:04 am
Well.....that's it.......it's done.......almost :)

As a quick update to what has been a long journey, I have made my last payment to Freeman Jones :D

Technically my last payment should have been on the 25th of April, but since it was only £14 to tidy it up, I opted to add it to my March payment, plus I figured it would start the processing of my Completion Certificate a month earlier, I have been told it takes about 6 weeks........so we shall see.

I also double checked when I could stop my direct debit (10th of April to be safe), that means for the first time in a long time I can breathe a bit easier.

My plan is to start rebuilding my credit score, however I have still not found who I think is an ex IVA friendly provider, any ideas ?

I am looking for a provider that encourages online payments as my plan is to buy something (when I have to, not when I feel like it) and then as quickly as possible, pay the bill, hopefully before the monthly bill, I will only be using the card as a means to an end and not a financial crutch, been there, done that, still wearing the T-Shirt :shock:

So, just in case I forget to update when I get my Completion Certificate.

If you are still thinking about an IVA - Stop thinking, more doing, time goes a lot quicker once the weight has been lifted :)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:33 am
Mutley -- I went for a Vanquis card when my IVA completed -- they have an online account management facility. Then, when my file cleared I applied for, and got, a Post Office card. When updating my bank account (need a cheque book) they ran a credit check and said they would match the Vanquis card in order to get Vanquis off my credit files (albeit they are green ticks, everyone knows they are a credit builder).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
53 posts Page 4 of 4
Return to “friends corner”