Blog

9 posts Page 1 of 1

hara

Post by hara » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:19 am
Dear all,

What is a blog?

How does one start it?

What are the advantages and disadvantages?

Thanks.

Hara

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:50 am
Hi hara,

A blog is an online diary. You put down what has happened to you recently.

If you click on the blog heading at the left hand side of the page, and then click on the various ones, you can read what others have put.

I don't know how you start one, but Moretolife is the moderator for those, if she, or someone who does a blog sees this, they will be able to help you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:57 am
Hi There,

Like Jan says a blog is an online diary> If you go to the blog page and scroll down you have an option to register then you can start your own blog.

I started mine in August this year and have found it really helps me, if only to get my feelings out of my scrambled mind and in the open. With the security of knowing its still as anonymous as I chose. I also read the other blogs and it gives me strength to know the feelings I have are normal and also some of my "issues" can be put into perspective by reading others.

I think we all get different things out of blogs and its not for everyone. If you think it will help you, then please go for it. Start by reading some of the blogs to get an idea.

Good luck xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:00 pm
Thanks for filling in the blanks Julie!

I've never done one, so hadn't got a clue how to advise!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

kitten97

Post by kitten97 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:21 am
A blog is often a mixture of what is happening in a person's life and what is happening on the Web, a kind of hybrid diary/guide site, although there are as many unique types of blogs as there are people.

People maintained blogs long before the term was coined, but the trend gained momentum with the introduction of automated published systems, most notably Blogger at blogger.com. Thousands of people use services such as Blogger to simplify and accelerate the publishing process.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:38 pm
Our blogs are more to do with us and our debt problems than anything else, plus the professionals do very informative blogs.

I love doing mine, even though it's not been updated for a while (waiting for my annual reveiw!)
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:08 pm
I find it therapetic to write mine and found myself updating mine in the middle of the night due to not being able to sleep! Mental note to one self to go back and check it! x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:22 pm
It's fine Lesley - I've read it!
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:47 pm
Thanks Jan x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “blogging”