How Long Should It Take?

20 posts Page 2 of 2

elisha

Post by elisha » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:14 pm
I`m still not getting much sense out of them. I think it`s time I moved on and ask someone else to handle my case.

Is a face to face meeting absolutely necessary between IP and client? If I`d continued on with GT then I suppose I wouldn`t have been asked to travel over to Belfast for a meeting.

If it is necessary, although I am drawn to speaking with Melanie, Cardiff is rather a long way from where I live in the north of England, so it would be better for me to choose someone closer.
Last edited by elisha on Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

couple31

Post by couple31 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:22 pm
Don't know where abouts in the North you are but Chamberlain & Co have just got us through our IVA

http://www.chamberlain-co.co.uk/services.html

Very efficient one to one service

Andrew Graveson

Post by Andrew Graveson » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:29 pm
Hi elisha,
Unless you are self-employed there is no requirement for a face to face meeting. If you are not self-employed and are drawn to a particular IP who you feel would handle your case well then I wouldn't let geography get in the way of that decision.

Andrew Graveson
Independent Mortgage Broker & Bright Oak Debt Management
andrew@brightoak.co.uk
www.brightoak.co.uk
Andrew Graveson
Bright Oak Ltd
UK Debt Management Company

plec

Post by plec » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:38 pm
hi elisha my father in law took just over 7 months but he has his acepted yesyrtday with only a small mod

High hopes & skint pockets!!
High hopes & skint pockets!!

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:42 pm
Hi Elisha
It does sound like you are having trouble communicating with your chosen company, I had no such problems with Melanie and her team.
I would say to make sure you are 100% happy with the service you are getting as it is for 5 years.
I did not have a face to face meeting, we had a telephone conversation and all points were discussed and questions answered. Also if I had any questions I was always able to speak with same person over the phone and was kept informed the whole way.
I wish you luck on your journey but urge you to make sure you are happy with everything before commiting yourself
Emma
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “communicating with creditors prior to IVA”