Boredom

12 posts Page 1 of 1

Emmad157

Post by Emmad157 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:07 pm
I'm seriously bored and fed up since entering into an IVA.
I know it's the right decision, however I feel like my lifes come to a standstill. Friends are out shopping, theatre and holidays and may be using credit cards. I just stop in as i've just got money for food and bills etc. I read, books walk the dog and study. But lack of a social life is the hardest part. Any one got any tips on surving for 5 years without going stir crazy.? Even a bottle of wine is a no no these days !
No sarcastic replies please ![?]

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:26 am
You tend to find you get periods of various emotions throughout the iva. Try setting little goals, like saving up for a bottle of wine or a takeaway as a treat. A few forum members do online surveys which can earn you vouchers to use on yourself.

Its not easy in the iva but life should be bearable.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:03 am
Do you have any assets which would be at risk under the alternative bankruptcy proceedings? You may still get an Income Payments Agreement or Order,but this could be a better solution to consider.

Also your IVA should give you allowances for social expenditure, so if your budget is too tight then have a word with your IP to see if you could reduce your payments slightly.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:41 am
Being in an IVA can be hard at times and it can get you down. Just try and take it day as it comes and the light in the tunnel will start to get brighter. Good luck x
We've started inviting friends round to our house with a jacob's join theme so just costs us a few pounds and we've had some really good times. And our friends are none the wiser to the iva. x
Steven & Debbie

Emmad157

Post by Emmad157 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:41 am
Hi folks, the main reason money is so tight is because I have two children. Any spare money
They have. My eldest daughter is 16 now and where every we go. Cinema, swim etc I have to pay full adult price. Which has stopped some activites. We do socailise at home and I ask ppl to bring a bottle and a bit of food. We did
this at xmas, and had a good time. Melanie, we have our own house I haven't any knowledge of a Income payments agreement . What is it ?. Paul how do I earn vouchers? !

ClareSilver

Post by ClareSilver » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:45 am
An income payment arrangement is something which you might have to pay if you go bankrupt. The Official Receiver of your bankruptcy will arrange an income and expenditure and if he/she feels that you have a surplus income you may have to pay towards your bankruptcy for a period of up to 3 years. This is called and income payment arrangement. if you don't agree with the income payment arrangement, then the Official Receiver can change the income payment arrangement to an income payment order.

Emmad157

Post by Emmad157 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:17 pm
Thanks for explaining ;-)

mab

Post by mab » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:17 pm
I know exactly how you feel! We have been in an iva for 3 years and haven't been out once, it is soo hard but again like you we have three teeneage children, bus fares even to school habe tripled. I have been on annual leave this week and not spent a poenny, took the chioldren to local shopping centre today for themm to spend easter money from relatives and luckily the bought clothes for themselves! It is hard but know it is worth it in the long run, stick in there and count the months down!

recovering

Post by recovering » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:39 pm
I just googled online surveys and found them But I think someone on here has a link they will probably catch up with this later I do as many as I can it all adds up

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:36 pm
If you have a look at Kallis's blog - http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk/ - she has a links to the online surveys that she does.

Emmad157

Post by Emmad157 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:39 pm
Hi folks, thanks for the replies.
And the links x

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:48 pm
Hope things get easier for you and more bearable.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA expenditure allowances”