Prescription Charges

22 posts Page 2 of 2

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:19 pm
Much more affordable and I've always done mine monthly.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:53 pm
I get 6 items and the doc issues me with 2 month's worth at a time. Being the skinflint I have become I buy a three month pre-payment cert (just under £30), then order my repeat scripts monthly. So, over the three months I get 6 months worth of meds. When they run out I start again.

This way meds that, if paid as and when, would set me back in the region of £250, actually cost just under £60.

This will only work if you are pretty stable and your needs don't change much ... and the surgery either don't mind or don't notice!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

andrea1968

Post by andrea1968 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:09 pm
prescription charges are listed separate from dental on our i and e.
I currently pay 10.40 a month over 10 months,which is cheap as currently I am on 5 different meds and our doctors surgery will only issue a months worth at a time!!!!
full and final accepted January 2015

iva agreed; August 2010
iva would have completed; August 2017
extra year thank's to NRAM

4kidsnocash

Post by 4kidsnocash » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:10 pm
Nice little loophole their Foggy, I'll look into that one. Rod, have a word with your GP, I too had my meds hanged from 3 monthly to monthly, Mrs 4kids went to collect them for me one day and spoke to the receptionist, told them we couldn't afford them monthly expense and they then changed it to 2 monthly.
Alas, I am dying beyond my means.
Oscar Wilde

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:18 pm
If you pay the prepayment monthly though foggy, it also covers you for any unforseen charges as well such as antibiotics or the like.

I think it would still pay you to do it monthly by DD and it just continues on every year unless you stop it - you do get two months free as well!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:34 pm
kallis3 wrote:

If you pay the prepayment monthly though foggy, it also covers you for any unforseen charges as well such as antibiotics or the like.
This is true, Jan. But the (hopefully) odd time I will need something extra in my 6 non-certificated months will still cost less than the £40- odd quid I am saving. Of course, at my age, this situation will have to be monitored [:D]

Having said that I do like the hassle free aspect of the monthly DD and will look into that .... because I am inherently lazy and it's also one less thing to worry about [:)]
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:40 pm
I loved the monthly DD. I had no worries if I did need something else. I was taking a few more tablets then than I am now. A tenner a month is good so that I really didn't think about it and it was allowed for in my IVA.
Bob Marley.
22 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “IVA postbag for april”