Mortgage after Completed IVA

7 posts Page 1 of 1

mkw78

Post by mkw78 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:00 pm
I started my IVA in April 2003 and settled it early in August 2006.

As of April this year my credit report will be clear of the IVA and I have already checked that there are no defaults still listed.

I am now married and living with my husband. Our home is worth approx £200,000 and has a mortgage outstanding of £102,000 in my husbands name. We would like to remortgage for an amount of £118,000 in order to carry out some renovations and update the property. We think we would need to look at a joint mortgage as we don't think my husbands salary would be considered enough to cover the full amount.

Does this sound unreasonable in the current climate and does anyone know of any good lenders to approach?

Thanks in advance.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:16 pm
At that loan to value you should no problem at all especially if the income stacks up. Probably best to use a broker who would have access to the whole market rather than doing it yourself but I have seen Abbey offering fixed deals at under 4% when the loan to value is low.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:04 pm
I would have thought you would have mortgage lenders lining up to snap your hands off for that sort of deal. Let us know how you get on.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Welsh Boy

Post by Welsh Boy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:51 pm
mkw78

A good place to start could be your husbands existing provider and test the water with them to see if they have any products available for you and that suit your requirements.

If you have no joy with them, then a broker will guide you along the best route for you, the loan to value is fine and you will have to consider other factors such as affordability etc.Tony
F.P.C. 1,2,3 Qualified
Financial Planning Certificate
CeMap Qualified
Whole of Market Mortgage Broker
Managing Director : Debt Advisory Bureau
Debt Advisory 4U
Principal : All Mortgage Products

Directly Authorised with FSA :304244

whichwaynow

Post by whichwaynow » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:16 pm
As has already been said your own lender or a broker is a good place to start however you might want to look as HSBC. They seem to be friendly towards ex IVA customers (they look at each case on its own merits) and they have some good deals if you have a good loan to value. The only thing is they do not deal with brokers.
IVA completed

hammer1

Post by hammer1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:35 pm
But surely due to the 6 years and clear credit file now, HSBC and others will not even know you are ex-IVA due to your clear credit file??
Not sure what happened but I am all paid up and finished...they even owe me money now :)))

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:38 pm
I don't think you will have a problem at all.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA completed !!”