Final hurdle..

7 posts Page 1 of 1

hammer1

Post by hammer1 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:08 pm
Come next week I will be paying my 60th month contribution to my IVA[:D][:D][:D].

Due to not having any assets, it is a 63 month IVA, so my final payment is in December and I will be debt free.

I would be honest and say it has been a hard struggle, especially the latter stages, due to your changing circumstances and the current financial climate, trying to get the same amount each month has proven hard. But IT HAS BEEN WORTH it, with the support people can get from this forum and family and friends it is achievable.

All you have to think is about the end result, and that should spur you on. You should feel proud that you managed to pay back as much as you possibly could and make some sacrifices to achieve your goal.

Even though I have 3 more payments, I feel 60 months is a milestone for me.

There will be ups and downs, but just remember that final payment will come and that extra cash will help you out after.
Last edited by hammer1 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not sure what happened but I am all paid up and finished...they even owe me money now :)))

jessicarabbitgirl

Post by jessicarabbitgirl » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:10 pm
Congratulations and well done. Can't wait to be in the same position as you, feel like on the last stretch now. But can't imagine how great you feel to finally get through it.

Well done x
I am debt free. I am debt free. I am debt free :-)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:11 pm
Great post hammer1, and so pleased that you are near the end. What a fantastic feeling it must be.

Be very proud that you have made it to the end.

Good luck for your debt free future, and don't forget us! Your experiences of having survived an IVA will be invaluable for other posters.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:44 pm
Well done to you, you're nearly there, a great achievement x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

morph22

Post by morph22 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:42 pm
Fab news at the ending of your IVA! Must be a huge relief. Can I ask, have you had a final review at the end of your IVA? Or was your final review at the start of your 5th year of payments?

Pennyless

Post by Pennyless » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:52 pm
Hammer1...congrats and very well done...you must be so proud. Thanks for sharing your advice.
I came into this world with nothing and still have most of it left!

Declan at DebtFreeDirect

Post by Declan at DebtFreeDirect » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:44 am
Congratulations and well done Hammer.
Declan Murray
Debt Advisor
Debt Free Direct - the UK's largest IVA provider.
http://www.debtfreedirect.co.uk/iva/
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA completed !!”