Credit History - defaults

6 posts Page 1 of 1

AndyD2

Post by AndyD2 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:30 pm
I completed my IVA in March this year, although actually made my full and final settlement payment in July 2008.

I am now applying for a new job and part of this involves a credit check. I have looked on Experian, and several of the debts covered by my IVA are showing as defaulted with balances outstanding.

Is this normal? Should they be showing as Satisfied as the IVA has covered them? I do have my certificate of completion so know that I am clear of my creditors, but now don't want the defaults to affect my new job prospects

Thanks

Andy

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:57 pm
Hi,

Your credit record will still be bad until 6 years after the IVA was approved, regardless of whether or not you finished early.

However, creditors cannot default you once the IVA was approved (even though they do!) so you need to write to them and tell them to remove the defaults from your record.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

mavericksolo

Post by mavericksolo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:54 am
we're having the same problem! applying for upgraded bank accounts even the bank are saying they cant accept us despite us being customers for over five years due to defaults showing and we finished our iva last december so coming up to a year out iof it now - didnt reaslise it will show up to six years after it finished. i thought it was six years after first registered eg a year after the five year iva ends? weve sent off copies of the certificates to all our creditors so hoping that wil improve matters- keep you posted on developments!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:01 am
It will show for 6 years from the date your IVA was approved, so if you had a five year IVA, it will be a further 12 months.

It does not last for a further 6 years and any defaults registered after the IVA approval have to be removed.

Check your credit records to see which creditors are still showing as default and write enclosing a copy of your certificate and ask them to remove them.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

mavericksolo

Post by mavericksolo » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:34 pm
cheers for that - will do!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:36 pm
Let us know how you get on.
Bob Marley.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA completed !!”