Defaults still showing

10 posts Page 1 of 1

OllieB

Post by OllieB » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:48 am
Hi All,

This is fairly similar to the question below by Andy. Basically, my IVA is completed and has been for a couple of months but on Friday I received a copy of my credit report and out of 11 creditors only 1 has marked my file as "settled". The rest still show the outstanding balance and have me as 'defaulted'. I understand the IVA will remain on my record for 6 years but how do i get my file updated ? I called equifax who said it's the creditors responsibility so i called them but they weren't in the slightest bit interested.

Im a bit stuck :(

Any help appreciated

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:03 pm
Many of your debts may have been sold to Max Recovery who are normally very helpful. Ask your IP for the final list of creditors as you could be contacting creditors about debts that they have sold on years previously. This could explain why these creditors have not been any use.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:40 pm
If that is correct, then all you will need to do is write to Max Recovery, or whoever the debts have been sold on to and tell them to remove any defaults showing after the date the IVA was approved.

They will have to do so.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:06 am
Or write to the original creditor you took the agreement out with, as they are responsible for ensuring the CRA files are updated. Even if they have subsequently sold on the debt to Max Recovery Eversheads for example.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:18 am
Opps, I just posted almost the same question! I know that M&S have recorded on my credit report that my balance is 'satisfied' but Sainsbury's, Halifax, Capital One, Barclaycard, egg, MBNA and Mint are all still showing as having outstanding balances - over a year since my IVA was approved.
Do I need to write to these individually? I feel a standard letter coming on with the names changed to expose the guilty![:(!]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:30 pm
If you are in an iva pistonbroke, then the creditors do not have to mark your files as satisfied.

You will always owe the full amount until the day the IVA is completed, so this will be why you still have a balance.

I wouldn't worry about it until after you have finished the IVA.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:42 pm
Thanks Kallis, but as i said in my previous post - my IVA was completed almost a year ago - i got my completion certificate thro a while ago, but the actual IVA meeting of creditors, where my Full and Final offer was made, was in early 2009.

it is this reason why I had assumed it might show as settled by now!

:-)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:56 pm
Sorry, when you said it had been approved, I thought you had only just started it.

It won't fall off the credit record for the full six years, but you could just write to the creditors and ask them to mark it as satisfied.
Bob Marley.

pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:08 pm
Im sorry - i just re read my last post and it sounded a bit harsh and it wasnt meant to!

hope i didnt offend you - sorry

:-)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:32 pm
Of course not! I got hold of the wrong end of the stick and read your post wrong!

No worries![:D]
Bob Marley.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA completed !!”