Final yippee!

4 posts Page 1 of 1

rhinos3054

Post by rhinos3054 » Wed May 05, 2010 5:33 pm
Well I just got back from a weekend up north to find my completion letter from Grant Thornton! Took 13 weeks from completion to getting this but the relief at it arriving has far outweighed the stress of having to wait so long!
Grant Thornton have been excellent throughout by IVA and I ‘d like to publically thanks Mark and his team for the way it’s been managed from the very beginning to the presentation of my full and final offer. Good communication, friendly and helpful advice, thanks a million folks!
So what have I learned and what happens now? Well I’ve managed on a debit card for three years and got used to looking at the bottom shelves in supermarkets (a habit I still have) I’ll only ever have a credit card again if I can guarantee that I can pay it off each month. I’m able to differentiate between what I ‘want’ and what I ‘need’ and make the right decisions.
I’ve learned also that it’s important to realise you’re not on your own and there are others who can give support and help and this forum is certainly a shining example of this. Thanks to everyone on here who have helped even without knowing! Also the time has thankfully gone surprisingly quickly and although it’s only been three years for me it’s amazing how it’s flown.
So good luck to everyone, stick with it, use all the support you can get and you’ll soon have a smile as wide as mine.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed May 05, 2010 6:19 pm
Well done for finishing and congrats on the certificate.

An excellent post and a good one for GT.

Please keep posting to give help to other posters.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed May 05, 2010 8:47 pm
Well done from myself too on your completion and great you've got the certificate. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed May 05, 2010 10:32 pm
Congratulations and it's lovely to read your final yippee[:)], but hope it's not your final post. Your experience will help so many others, please stick around.

Nice to see GT getting some praise and credit too - well done to all involved!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA completed !!”