Last payment tomorrow!

6 posts Page 1 of 1

Rovex

Post by Rovex » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:01 am
Finally after 5 long years it seems over! However I do have some concerns and questions.

Can it still go wrong? I made all payments required and my last annual review was ok, but can anything more be asked of me?

My current bank (Smile), have been great and understanding. They know I have free cash now and have managed my account well. The IVA doesnt concern them and have offered me an upgraded account (smilemore) and a credit card with a low limit so i can rebuild my credit rating, at the standard rate to! The question is can I take these out once my final payment is made or must I wait for the certificate of completion? Im not planning on doing it tomorrow, but probably before christmas. They didnt seem to know, but said the certificate isnt required by them, im pre-approved, as it were, because of my good account history.

Thanks.

love hope and strength

Post by love hope and strength » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:07 am
It's nice to read such a positive post, sounds to me you have done all that is required. Congratulations x

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:41 pm
Hi and congratulations on getting to the end...only a few hours to go [:)]

The certificate of completion will help you to clean up your credit file, but if your existing bank is prepared to upgrade you anyway, then no need to wait.

How have you found life in an IVA?

Rovex

Post by Rovex » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:19 am
It was ok. I was lucky, im single, no real assets as such so not a great deal to lose. Somehow i ended up with more stuff after the IVA than i had before, simply because i learned not to waste money. I now consider myself a bit 'tight' although my weakness for gadgets is still there, its just moderated.

All im worried about in terms of gaining access to credit now is whether getting it before the Certificate of Completion is considered a breach of the terms. Technically im still in an IVA until that certificate is issued. Is that right?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:58 am
I would certainly wait until you get that letter, then you know it is finished totally.

Don't forget that it will remain on your credit record for the full six years.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

mole

Post by mole » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:51 am
A brilliant story Rovex its an inspiration when you here someone has completed the journey.

I cannot imagine how I will feel on the day of my last payment. Or more accurately the following payday !!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA completed !!”