Grant Thornton (banging head against a wall)

39 posts Page 3 of 3

olympic_torch

Post by olympic_torch » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:37 pm
Good post spla.
5 years ago, when i was up to my do-dahs in debt and i started my iva journey, if someone had told me, "at the end, you might have to wait for your certificate" i would have bitten there hand off for the opportunity.
I have said before, i would not gave lived long enough to pay my debts back, and i am grateful for a second chance.
As for Melanie, i think people on here tend to forget she has a business to run, and gives up her own time to help us, we would pay a fortune for the professional advice we get on here for free. (or pro bono as they say in Cardiff)
Aucto Splendore Resurgo.
IVA accepted May 2007.
Extended by 12 months in lieu of equity March 2012.
F+F offer accepted May 2012.
C of C received August 2012.
IVA dropped off credit file 24th May 2013.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:14 pm
Well said spla and it is nice to see Karol getting the praise she deserves.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Ivaniva

Post by Ivaniva » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:48 pm
Yes indeed well said. GT have been a very great help to me in my IVA and in planning my future post IVA.
Final payment made Dec 2011.
Certificate of Completion arrived 26th Sept 2012

markiboy

Post by markiboy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:55 am
Sorry I have just read Spla comment after I posted mine. Yes I couldn't have said it better. I remember over 4 years ago asking a question and Mel came along with an answer. I wish I knew about this site before I took on my IVA I would have done things diffent. A big thanks to all the helpers on here. xx

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:07 pm
Hi Andy, I am afraid GT's position at the moment is that they will not issue a completion certificate until either PPI has been investigated, or it is underway and a variation has been accepted whereby they can close with PPI pending.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

andygray1628

Post by andygray1628 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:05 pm
Hi Foggy, thanks for your reply.
im afraid i wasnt too clear on my previous post, i have personally been in contact with my creditors to enquire whether or not i was mis-sold ppi,& it would appear that I wasnt. that being the case i was just wondering how long it should/will take grant thornton to come to the same conclusion? bearing in mind that i havent received any correspondence from either GT or a third party asking permission to act on my behalf. if indeed they need to?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:15 pm
It may be that GT will accept the situation as is and continue with closure ( which isn't fast at any time in GT Towers ) but, the little devil sat on my shoulder tells me that they might want to investigate for themselves anyway [}:)]
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

andygray1628

Post by andygray1628 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:39 pm
Thanks Foggy[:)]
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Foggy

It may be that GT will accept the situation as is and continue with closure ( which isn't fast at any time in GT Towers ) but, the little devil sat on my shoulder tells me that they might want to investigate for themselves anyway [}:)]

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:12 pm
Just picked up this thread again, and just wanted to say thank you to all posters who have posted nice things about me and my practice. All very gratefully received, and thank you all for taking time out to post.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
39 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “IVA completed !!”