Where to go for financial advice post iva

4 posts Page 1 of 1

lulu27

Post by lulu27 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:06 am
I completed my IVA in October 2012 and I am relieved it is over and I am using the lessons I learnt to help me especially with savings.

I am after some advice on how best to approach a period of financially difficulty.

I am pregnant with our first child which is due in August I am the major wage earner in our household and when I am on SMP I will be £1300 per month worse off.

I am considering approaching our mortgage lender to ask for a payment holiday but with our finiancial past I am concerned that they will turn me down. I am even considering a loan just to help us but I don't know if that is even an option.

I know post iva most people don't want to borrow money and I didn't think I would but I can't see how to manage during maternity.

I am already planning on sharing my leave with my husband as I know we can't afford for me to stay home for all of it. But as a first time mum I really want to be at home for the first 6 months.

Any advice on people who may be able to help would be gratefully received.

My mortgage is with Bank of Scotland

Thanks

ClareSilver

Post by ClareSilver » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:03 am
Are you on a repayment mortgage or interest only?

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:04 am
Maybe one of our posters has some ideas for you. A mortgatge reduction or break may get you through this period.

All the best with the forthcoming new arrival and hope your money concerns are deal with positively.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:24 am
Don't forget to check out things like Tax Credits you might be entitled to.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA completed !!”