Final IVA Payment was January 2014

7 posts Page 1 of 1

Andrew_G

Post by Andrew_G » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:22 pm
Hello everyone this is my first post here so big hello to you all!! have to say though most of what I read hear regarding IVA closures makes a fairly depressing read at the best! what path would you ladies & gents recommend I should follow to help speed up receiving my closure certificate from Grant Thornton?
Any help guidance would be greatly appreciated
Regards, Andrew

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:21 pm
Hi Andrew. The only thing I can suggest is that you co-operate fully with the PPI investigations, if there are any ongoing and keep communicating with the closures team in a friendly and positive way.

I found that the people dealing with the cases are competent and do care about the service they give. I feel that they are hampered by the company policies and procedures. Whilst these are a PITA they are doing their best.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Andrew_G

Post by Andrew_G » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:18 pm
Ok thanks Foggy if I remember correctly the last GT PPI representative I had communication's with advised me my PPI side of things was pretty much a sorted affair & a straightforward case & that I should have my completion certificate around the 6 month period, as its only just past 6 months now so I guess I will phone them again this week & try to get an update.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:49 am
Hopefully it won't be too long ... if your Ppi is almost sorted then it shouldn't take long for full closure to cond through !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:34 am
Hi

hope it gets sorted very soon, you have waited long enough.
An IVA is a long hard road but valuable lessons have been learnt along the way. Now looking forward to enjoying a debt free future!

Andrew_G

Post by Andrew_G » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:29 pm
Hi a quick update to my situation & good news I phoned Grant Thornton yesterday & the GT representative was glad to inform me that my case was closed on the 23rd September & letters have been sent out to my creditors to inform them of final balance & completion of my IVA & I should have my completion certificate within 10 days...... WOW cant believe i'm almost done :-) my IVA started back in May 2007 so its been a long haul with hours cut at work & things financially hitting rock bottom over this period.
Thanks for your input everyone this forum is great I should have joined here years ago! & Christabelle I see you only have 1 day left until completion so congrats & good luck!
Thanks, Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew_G on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:01 pm
Excellent news. GT predicted the 6 month period for me and, like you were pretty much there ( just a few days late as I recall ).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA completed !!”