Cannot open Ready Cash bank account

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 1 of 2

Pugwash

Post by Pugwash » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:37 am
Just tried to open a ready cash bank account with Yorkshire Bank, and because I am in the early stages of starting an IVA they said I cannot have a Ready Cash account. And even if I hadn't told them about the IVA the account would have been closed when they where informed. So whoever recommends a Ready Cash account IS WRONG. Any ideas anybody...

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:42 am
I`m gobsmacked, because if that`s true I`m in trouble if my IVA proposal is accepted, as I opened a Readycash account with them just before starting my IVA application[:0]
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

missy80

Post by missy80 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:48 am
Wow, how annoying!

The Co-op will definitely let you have one - you can set it up over the phone and then pay in at the post office if you don't have a local branch

Pugwash

Post by Pugwash » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:50 am
Thats what he told me and thats after consulting his manager...So the only thing I can do is ask my daughter if my wages can be paid into her account if I can do that and then will have to pay bills the old fashioned way "in person in cash" what a pain!!!!

Pugwash

Post by Pugwash » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:52 am
Co-op refused me last week

missy80

Post by missy80 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:56 am
Are they one of your creditors?

Someone on here will have a solution, I'm sure. Let's keep it bumped up

Pugwash

Post by Pugwash » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:00 am
No they aren't one of my creditors, thats why I've tried them, Frustrating isn't it.[:(!]

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:00 am
I wonder if these IVA `friendly` banks are changing their policies? I suppose we need to wait and see if any other posters have had similar problems with these two banks lately, or have had accounts closed by these banks once the banks became aware that they were in an IVA...I wonder if they just wouldn`t even process your application for an account because they knew there was no chance they would make any money out of you through credit cards or loans after you told them you were proposing an IVA???
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

missy80

Post by missy80 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:06 am
So frustrating!

And if what Goosed has written was true, I wouldn't be at all surprised! Even when my previous bank were phoning me about not paying bills they were still trying to push consolidatory loans onto me!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:20 am
Co-op will usually only refuse a basic account if you're not on the voters list.

They won't give you a full account if you're in an IVA and I've never heard of Yorkshire closing accounts. HSBC and First Direct do though.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

wannabedj

Post by wannabedj » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:49 am
Have you tried a NATWEST STEP ACCOUNT?
Apply on-line and get an instant decision.

Lloyds also do a cash card only account but you'll have to go into the branch.
If Football was meant to have been played in the air then God would have put Grass in the Sky

SFA

Post by SFA » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:57 am
Yorkshire Bank refused me as I was proposing an IVA. I was equally as honest with the Co-Op who opened two Cashminder accounts over the phone ( one working / bill paying account and another to keep other funds separate.) Neither bank are creditors of mine. I suggest not telling them about IVA as neither bank actually asked and you are not witholding information, you are only giving honest answers to the qualifying questions that they ask. I was just being honest as I didn't want them to freeze or close accounts at a later date. Good luck with it all .
SFA

SFA

Post by SFA » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm
Lloyds, if not a creditor are worth a look. I panicked and opened as many of these no credit check accounts as I could. Lloyds opened a basic account over the phone in less than 5 mins and within 4 days I had my account open complete with Visa debit card through the letterbox.
SFA

Pugwash

Post by Pugwash » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:12 pm
Hey I'm sorted. Rang Co-op again and asked for a Cashminder account and not a problem.. Been accepted.Get account details within 5 working days. So I just think Yorkshire Bank just just their facts wrong with me. Would be nice to know if other newbies who try to open an account with Yorkshire Bank have similar problems. Thanks to Y'all "YET AGAIN" Still cant get over how great this forum is

missy80

Post by missy80 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:21 pm
Good news!

(I love this forum too, it's a lifesaver isn't it?)
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”