Creditors Meeting, Nervousness killing me.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

newboy

Post by newboy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:41 pm
Hi All,

I have been advised by IP Firm My Creditors meet is 25th September 2012 and on the letter to me has warn my offer may be turn down/rejected by the creditors. This is worrying me to death wake up night times worrying about it.
Can anyone please advise me what do they look for which will possibly amount to rejection? Also what will happen after that? My DI £141.00, is this good engough for a 33K Debt?

Thanks everyone any advise will be highly appreciated.

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:46 pm
It's probably a standard statement on the letter. I'm sure you will be fine. Not read of a rejection on here in a very long time.

I'm sure you will be,fine.

mothergoose

Post by mothergoose » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:48 pm
I was worrying about the creditors meeting myself so i understand where you are coming from..You cant understand why so many accept what is being offered when its a lot less than what you owe. and you expect something to go wrong.But i am no expert far from it and i am sure you will be fine. I cant understand why you say it says they might reject the offer as thats like putting thoughts in the voters minds before they vote ! Maybe its the way you are reading it.ours was accepted this week and i was going through every worst case scenario possible..

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:05 pm
Newboy all the best, so long as the best offer is on the table you should be fine. Try not to worry, we're here for support. Let us know the outcome please x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:20 pm
As others have said, a proposal is rarely rejected completely.

It's not about the dividend, it's more the fact that this is all you can repay. If your IP is happy to propose the IVA then I am sure you will be fine.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:07 pm
Your disposable income figure is fine. If it were not then your IP would not have agreed to act for you. We accept cases in my firm at that level, so good luck for a good result on the day.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”