Cannot open Ready Cash bank account

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 2 of 2

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:31 pm
Glad you got sorted - though its first Ive heard Yorkshire bank not been helpful.
I opened a basic Maestro account with Yorkshire in the processing weeks of my IVA - never informed them of what I was doing, just said I wanted a bank account for my housekeeping n spending money.
Had the account for over 2 years n no problems.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

Pugwash

Post by Pugwash » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:31 pm
I will visit this forum daily without fail. Its been an help beyond belief, dont know how I would have done this without you all. Thanks to all.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:33 pm
Great news Pugwash!

Co-op come up trumps again!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:39 pm
Sorry I will just add - Yorkshire Bank is nothing to do with banks in the UK, its part of the Bank of Australia! I was informed this when opening my account.

As the basic account at Yorkshire Bank is not one that they run through a credit check - I cant see how they would find out about an IVA, I was given my account number on the spot n card etc arrived a few days later.

We also opened a Lloyds TSB silver account in the processing weeks of our IVA. At the time they were doing away with their basic accounts, which is what we wanted - n the silver was the next option. When they tried to force us to have an overdraft, we told TSB about the IVA n they didnt have a problem n stated to be careful we dont go over drawn with having no overdraft.
Last edited by MrsKnight on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”