Those coming to an end of IVA.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

tobyb

Post by tobyb » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:45 am
Hi All,

Although I completed my IVA in February I still like to check in here weekly as it was a life-saver at times with great advice etc.

Anyway just a word of advice if you are nearing the end please check all your default dates are correct on your files, I did this with Experian and Equifax and found that two of the dates were incorrect, I managed to change one within a fortnight the other has become a bit of a pain and is keeping my credit score low but should be sorted soon, so please check all dates on your files are correct.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:02 pm
Good call Toby.

For those nearing the end have a look here to see what is next and get prepared --- if all is in order things should go pretty smoothly themselves, but, as Toby discovered, things do sometimes go astray. I would also add ... when the time comes .. DO badger your IP over any restriction on your property, if a homeowner. We are getting too many instances where this has either been overlooked or simply not actioned at Land Registry. Do check! Any hooo ... read here:

http://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva-d ... dit-record
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

phlip

Post by phlip » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:52 pm
Hi and thanks for the advice , I have just checked and h ave 2 default dates that are wrong by 2 months would it be worth bothering to get them changed as by the time the CC is sorted etc. the 2 months would have passed anyway ?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:05 pm
phlip wrote:
Hi and thanks for the advice , I have just checked and h ave 2 default dates that are wrong by 2 months would it be worth bothering to get them changed as by the time the CC is sorted etc. the 2 months would have passed anyway ?
Defaults will drop off once they are 6 years old -- even if this is before the CC is actually issued, so probably not worth bothering about if those occurences aren't far apart. It is not as thought the majority of us are wanting to jump right back on the credit bandwagon --- but it is nice to feel "normal" :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

phlip

Post by phlip » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:52 pm
Thanks foggy . I thought as much and as you say credit will be the last thing on my mind !
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”