Barclaycard

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Francesca

Post by Francesca » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:24 pm
Hi guys. Hope u r all well. Just wanted to check with u if anyone was in similar position. We r on joint iva since February. Our creditors r Natwest, Barclaycard and very. Very didn't contact us since, Natwest stopped after just one phone call. But we still receiving calls from Barclaycard. They started to call my husbands parents home number. I contacted Creditfix I am with, during the phone call the nice lady sent the email to the right section informing about our iva and asking them for an update of the system. Didn't help much as after a week phone calls started again. And the thing is everytime we try to answer and talk to them, line goes quiet. Thank you

moira717

Post by moira717 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:43 pm
I had 2 Barclaycard accounts but have never received a phone call from them. In fact they have already sold both debts on. I still get default notices from them but no calls. Hope they stop soon for you. I had similar from Tesco bank who were calling my work number, it's very stressful

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:13 pm
Should not be calling you now! Make a complaint about harrasment - also speak to Creditfix again.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:24 pm
Ask your IP to lodge a formal complaint with Barclaycard and, if this continues I believe you can complain to the ombudsman ( IVA's aren't within their remit, but creditor behaviour is).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:46 pm
Also bear in mind you are not in a joint IVA, but probably interlocking ones.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Francesca

Post by Francesca » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:54 pm
Thank u all for help and thank u Lisa for pointing it out. Learning every day

Francesca

Post by Francesca » Thu May 18, 2017 3:58 pm
Creditfix...Creditfix...Hi guys. Got another letter from Barclaycard today, about charges, late payments etc. Called CF, called Barclaycard. BC said they never received any paper work from CF so they didn't know I am on IVA. Said they will keep sending letters til CF won't contact. CF said they will send them letter informing about my IVA (its 3rd time they are telling me that)...to the point..i find it hard to understand Scottish..lady explained me why BC doesn't know anything yet and why they didn't receive any payment but no clue what she meant. Can someone help me pls?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:03 pm
I would threaten Barclaycard with harassment! You should not have to deal with this now. CF need to get this sorted.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu May 18, 2017 4:09 pm
As Kallis says -- this is between CF and BC -- you are no longer supposed to be corresponding with your creditors.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Francesca

Post by Francesca » Thu May 18, 2017 4:10 pm
That was CF telling my husband to talk to BC lol Kallis if you only heard the conversation I had with Cf customer service. First the lad told me 'yea yea its normal for 8 weeks' when said I am on IVA since January he said 'ah yea then we will send them a letter' the thing is he didn't ask for any of my details and just hung up. Called again luckily someone else answered
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”