anyone remember me?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
13 posts Page 1 of 1

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:14 pm
Hi everyone. So its been a while! is anyone still here that remembers me??
I just thought id pop by to say I am into the final 12 months of payments! Just had our review and no change so just 12 more payments left!!! One more christmas. One more lot of family birthdays. We are going through the whole PPI thing using a company our IVA company use (muh easier to juat let them do the work). Then i guess we will have the whole equity/valuation thing later this year....we will have equity but we are planning to come clean with family and see if we can come to any sort of agreement to end early and pay off that 6th year instead of continuing.
We havent had any major drama over the past 4 years and there is light at the end of the tunnel! Its crazy how quick its going! if you are at the start, hang on in there. If I&E is set correctly and realistically you will get through this. We count ourselves extremely lucky that our original IP was realistic and understanding and set us up with a payment that was manageable.
Anyway, hope everyone is well. Will check in again soon!

Allywally

Post by Allywally » Fri May 19, 2017 9:51 pm
Hi Abbiesmum 2003, I remember you because I too am into my fifth year (will have extra year for equity). My username at that time was Robbieboy but as I didnt post for a while I forgot my login etc. I can't believe how the time has flown by. I am pleased you have had an easy journey with no major dramas, same applies to me. My IVA was accepted in February 2013. Hope we both make it to the end without any nasty surprises and best of luck to you and yours in your debt free life. Xx. Alison

ridingthestorm

Post by ridingthestorm » Sat May 20, 2017 1:26 am
Hi Abbiesmum2003 I remember you ! I think we conversed on here when creditfix came on the scene !!! Soooo I'm starting year 4 and was fortunate to offer a full and final settlement which was excepted by my creditors yesterday :D :D

The releif i feel now is amazing..... !!!!!

It's been a stressful 4 years and many a lessons learnt !

Good luck with your remaining 12 months Abbiesmum2003 :) it will fly by...

And would I take credit again ?...... NO F***ING Way :lol:
Loved Money, Hate Credit, Road to Recovery.... IVA started 3/3/14 -- IVA F&F accepted 18/5/17 :D

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat May 20, 2017 4:53 am
Good to hear from you - its almost over for you !

Start planning life after debt .... have a few treats lined up to celebrate you deserve it !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:00 am
Nice to hear from you again and hope you are well. You're nearly at the end now!!!!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat May 20, 2017 8:19 am
Hi, yes, great to hear from you and to learn that all is going well. Regarding your plan to end that extension early, friends and familky is the way to go -- but it is always worth a quick chat with Shaun, who has access to secured products used for this very thing. I wouldn't, as a rule, advocate borrowing if it can at all be avoided (listen to me !!!!! LOL ). but it is worth exploring all options.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

redboxtree

Post by redboxtree » Sat May 20, 2017 9:03 am
Hi

I used to be LNE and found I could not keep away from the board where I knew I have an answer.

1 year on from CF and whilst things are always tight life is a lot more pleasant.

For some reasons credit card companies just love pushing their products at you once your credit file is clear of everything:)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat May 20, 2017 10:01 am
redboxtree wrote:
Hi

I used to be LNE and found I could not keep away from the board where I knew I have an answer.

1 year on from CF and whilst things are always tight life is a lot more pleasant.

For some reasons credit card companies just love pushing their products at you once your credit file is clear of everything:)

LOL -- I couldn't keep away either ( but I do like the sound of my own voice :D )
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:54 am
Hi everyone!
Glad theres a few 'oldies' still around!
Congrats on having your F&F accepted! i hope thats me in the next 12
months!!!! Just got to work on the hubby plucking up the courage to speak to family about it!!!!!!
Lessons learnt and very keen to avoid further credit and maybe one day we will have a CC again but within a viable realistic amount. Looking at past statements due to PPI questions has been scary and upsetting. But also shown us how far weve come. our children are happy amd understand value of money and how we have to save and wait for things and how much fun they can have without expensive days out.
We are very proud of ourselves for coming this far.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:46 pm
Don't think I would ever leave - have made many friends, both physically and online (Facebook) over the years. :D
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Sally1966

Post by Sally1966 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:58 pm
Hi I remember you I too am about to go into my final year just waiting for my review paperwork. These 4 years have flown lets get the last 12 months done . It's been hard at times but worth it and credit again for me no thanks x

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon May 22, 2017 11:32 am
I too remember you well and I believe LNE was lifesnoteasy. Seems there has been improvement there too!
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

recovering

Post by recovering » Mon May 22, 2017 6:00 pm
I remember you too... I was recovering but lost my user name somewhere! I am in my extension in lieu year and the equity release thing was a lot easier than I thought. I have not had my payments changed from when we were all transferred from Mel, I do think CF are way better than their communication implies! All the panic we all felt does not seem to have come to anything! Good luck in finding some help and getting out early. I have not told anyone about my situation and have til Jan next year to go! LNE and Robbieboy it's good to hear from you too! I do wish we all stay around on here in the future.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”