Factsheet on magistrarte court fines
What does the magistrate court fine for?
- Driving Offence
- Ignoring a fixed penalty notice
- Order a payment to an injured party or award fees against you.
- Television Licensing.
- Withholding any information regarding income and expenditure when asked to provide it.
- When is the fine determined?
- How are the magistrates' court fines collected?
- The Collection Order
- What if I cannot afford to pay the fine?
- What if the fines officer rejects my offering?
- What will the fines officer do if I do not keep up with payments?
- Why would my fine be dealt with by the County Court or High Court?
- What is a Clamping Order?
- Can I prevent the sale of the vehicle?
- What happens if the officer registers my fine on the Registration of Judgments, orders and fines?
- What are the rules on Bailiffs collecting my goods to settle the fine?
- What can a Bailiff charge for?
- What can I do if I am unable to make my repayments ordered?
- Is there further punishment if I do not attend the hearing?
- What should I take to the hearing?
- What are the potential outcomes from the court hearing?
- At what point does the court have authority to order imprisonment?
- Which circumstances would result in a prison sentence?