Factsheet on the limitation act and its application
The act was set up in 1980.
It portrays the rulings over a creditor regarding the length of time in which they can attempt to retrieve a debt.
The length of time applicable can vary depending on what the debt relates to.
- Using the Limitation Act with unsecured credit debts
- How to make the creditors aware you are using the Limitation Act
- The Office of Fair Trading Guidelines
- Complaining to the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Does a CCJ affect my ability to use the Limitation Act?
- The Limitation Act with Council Tax
- The Limitation Act on a Community Charge
- The Limitation Act on Mortgage Shortfalls
- The Limitation Act on Income Tax and Vat
- The Limitation Act on benefit overpayments and social fund loans
- Does the Limitation Act apply to Student Loans?
- Old Style loans are consumer credit agreements.
- New Style loans are income contingent student loans.