1st IVA review

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
xstatic
by xstatic » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:09 pm
Hello. I'm about to undertake 1st year review and been asked to provide with bank statements and pay wages for last 6 months. Just wondering what for? does they have data from hmrc about my income to safe everyone's time? thanks.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:46 pm
No, they do not have access to HMRC and you need to provide proof of your income and outgoings.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:58 pm
They need to check your I&E to make sure your contributions are at the right level and no further income to be paid over etc.
xstatic
by xstatic » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:13 pm
Foggy wrote:
No, they do not have access to HMRC and you need to provide proof of your income and outgoings.

Do you wanna tell me that all review based on the things I’m giving to them? How are they dealing with fraud? It’s not really hard to hide some income from them.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:16 pm
xstatic wrote:
Foggy wrote:

Do you wanna tell me that all review based on the things I’m giving to them? How are they dealing with fraud? It’s not really hard to hide some income from them.

An IVA is based on a large element of trust, but it is also easy to get caught out if you tell porkies. If caught out it could lead to charges of fraud and a criminal investigation -- it does happen!
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:44 pm
Do you have a problem with HMRC?
kathryn222
by kathryn222 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:12 pm
Lisa Thomas wrote:
They need to check your I&E to make sure your contributions are at the right level and no further income to be paid over etc.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:16 pm
I think you need to let us know exactly what your problem is?
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:25 am
If a debtor does not declare everything and are hiding assets etc they are at risk of the IVA failing.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”