20p!?!?!?!

12 posts Page 1 of 1

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:09 pm
Sorry but its a silly post, I keep an eye on my bank accounts very carefully especially when things are due in n out.

Well I had miss judged by 16p [:0] after one DD had left & another one due after the weekend, so had to trot into town n put 20p in my account![:I] Very annoying n silly of me n slightly embarrassing in the bank [:I] But Im down to my last tener now till tuesday!

Just wondered if anyone had silly moments like this!
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:21 pm
Would they have left the DD go out for the sake of 16p Lyns?

Don't feel silly, I think you were responsible paying in 20p now your account is in credit [:)] xx
Last edited by Julie on Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andy1964

Post by Andy1964 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:21 pm
I know exactly where your coming from Lyns, I misjudged a DD recently to Scottish Power and missed the payment by 1 day. I spoke to RBS and explained the confusion and how the account had been kept in order to date and I am not expecting to be charged, even if I am charged by RBS Scottish Power have said they will reimburse me for any charges incurred. Watch this space!!!
If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.

Funds paid to date accepted as F&F 16th August 2013, the wait for completion begins.
Wait over....certificate recieved 3rd May 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:25 pm
Lukily my spreadsheet normally keeps me in check as it replicates my bank and it's set to deduct what's coming out that week etc.,

I admire you for going and paying in what you needed to and am glad you're on top of it xx
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:38 pm
Andy thank goodness Im not alone!
As I check every day n with my book of out goings I could see I was 16p short. My bank would of honored it - but if i had NOT rectified it by 3pm the day it was taken, it would of cost me alot more than 16p!
I have one account for Expenditure n another for housekeeping n a savings account for contingencies, when I manage to put them aside!

Dont feel as daft now!
Last edited by MrsKnight on Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

Andy1964

Post by Andy1964 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:53 pm
You and me both Lyns and many others no doubt.
Not having an overdraft facility does I suppose instill a sense of responsibility which didn't exist prior to IVA.
If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.

Funds paid to date accepted as F&F 16th August 2013, the wait for completion begins.
Wait over....certificate recieved 3rd May 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:25 pm
My daughter recently had a letter from her credit card company as she had gone over limit............14p over limit!

It cost them more for the paper and postage!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

joanna144

Post by joanna144 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:39 am
You are not the only one. My local bank knows my well. They think it is funny the steps I go to. We have a tin in which goes all our loose change and I have twice taken out the change and gone to the bank. I paid the emergency dentist yesterday and the final £1.50 was in 2 pences from the tin. The new shoes that are needed will have to wait now. My old shoes have air conditioning so at least my feet aren't smelly. I call them scatty moments but I have to control them as they can be stressful.

Wizzzard

Post by Wizzzard » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:58 am
I use a package called Acemoney Lite (Google it!!) which I couldn't do without now ... it gives me an upto date 'look' at my finances and can show all my expected income and expenditure for up to a year if I so choose. This I find useful when planning for car serviceing and such like.
The best psychological health comes from admitting your faults and recognizing they're caused by someone else.
Wizzzard xxx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:08 am
That sounds like a good one Ray. I'll have a look at that.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:23 am
Mine too Helen xx
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:41 am
Account is now 4p in credit till payday ;0)

Sounds like a good one ray will google it.

Joanne - I often have to raid my penny jar!

Just so glad Im not alone! It doesnt bother me about going into the bank with 20p, As Id rather do that than get a hefty charge!
I can use spreed sheets - just like it written down n ticked off when it leaves my account.

Lyns x
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”