3 years on Big Update!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

slow but sure

Post by slow but sure » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:32 pm
Following my message a few nights ago, see below I just wanted to say thanks for all the support but had a major development today, we got an email from our mortgage company, and they have reduced our 100k negative equity to 25k, with deferred payments for 12 months allowing us to seek comensation from the broker and they are seeking compensation from the surveyor, I have been told that off the record that the broker has been fined recently and that we have a really good case to get the 25k paid by them, which means TOTALLY Debt free!

message posted earlier this week!
Some of you may recall I did use this site a lot when we was going through the IVA, for those that dont know, well we had an OVa and we completed 3 years ago, but it just seemed to get worse, hence the reason for being on this site now! - any advise very much appreciated.

WE remortgaged when we settled our IVA, but our broker advised to change our current mortgage provider, it would mean that we would be paying £1700 per month interest only, they puch through the valuation and we cleared our IVA, horray! - however, we could not keep up with the mortgage payments as I lost my job and when we had the house valued 3 months after the new mortgage taken out we were in negative equity of over 100k how is this possible, we are lead to believe that the broker used and the surveyor over valued our house to get the business, we have since entered into a partnership programme with GMAC (mortgage provider) and they sold the house for us, big mistake, we now owe them 80k dont own a house and back in the same situation we were in before we entered the IVA, so what was the point, I now have no other choice but to go banjrupt, as no one it appears will help us, as a final resort I have written to the broker and asked for a full review, I did also see on the internet that the FSA has just fined them for non complicance and not proving correct mortgage advise.

So here I am 80k in debt no home, divorce just round the corner and I think what is the point?

GMAC have said that I can pay back £100 a month, but this means that I will be paying back for the rest of my life and will never have a mortgage again...

so where do I go, I just wish that when I settled my IVA that I sold and not remortgaged but our IP told us to remortgage,

anyway enough winging, any help very much appreciated!
x
Keep Smiling..... thats free!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:40 am
This is excellent news!

Well done to the mortgage company for being pro active, and I hope you manage to get the broker to cough up as well.

Keep us informed.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”