4 weekly pension

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1

dorothy245

User avatar
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by dorothy245 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:45 am
hi,
I get my pension every 4 weeks which mean my income is less every month than stated on my income and expenditure, in December my pension catches up and I will have about £700 more that month,will this be queried, as I have been struggling on less money every month.I intend using the extra for xmas presents but will I have to pay it back.I am really worried about this, can you tell me what to do xx

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 28726
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:19 am
Your IP should be aware that your pension is 4 weekly and have adjusted the monthly payments to suit -- did you discuss this ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

dorothy245

User avatar
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by dorothy245 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:43 am
Foggy wrote:
Your IP should be aware that your pension is 4 weekly and have adjusted the monthly payments to suit -- did you discuss this ?
hi foggy
No they haven't they have worked it out on my monthly payment. I don't mind this it is just I have caught up now and will be drawing £700 cash instead of £300 cash for my expenses, as I withdraw all cash apart from my direct debits, The balance will go in the separate envelopes for my car insurance and annual payments plus food, I have not been able to put the same amount allocated to my car insurance each month so the extra will make this rightx

dorothy245

User avatar
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by dorothy245 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:46 am
dorothy245 wrote:
Foggy wrote:
Your IP should be aware that your pension is 4 weekly and have adjusted the monthly payments to suit -- did you discuss this ?
hi foggy
No they haven't they have worked it out on my monthly payment. I don't mind this it is just I have caught up now and will be drawing £700 cash instead of £300 cash for my expenses, as I withdraw all cash apart from my direct debits, The balance will go in the separate envelopes for my car insurance and annual payments plus food, I have not been able to put the same amount allocated to my car insurance each month so the extra will make this rightx
I am worried in case they query the extra money taken out.

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 28726
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:49 am
They probably won't notice the extra going out -- but might query the extra payment in at your annual review. The main thing is that your total annual income is what they expect it to be. Be ready to explain if they ask.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

dorothy245

User avatar
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by dorothy245 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:28 pm
Foggy wrote:
They probably won't notice the extra going out -- but might query the extra payment in at your annual review. The main thing is that your total annual income is what they expect it to be. Be ready to explain if they ask.
not an extra payment, I
so do you think I have no need to worry, xx

dorothy245

User avatar
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by dorothy245 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:29 pm
dorothy245 wrote:
Foggy wrote:
They probably won't notice the extra going out -- but might query the extra payment in at your annual review. The main thing is that your total annual income is what they expect it to be. Be ready to explain if they ask.
, I
so do you think I have no need to worry, xx

dorothy245

User avatar
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by dorothy245 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:31 pm
dorothy245 wrote:
dorothy245 wrote:
Foggy wrote:
They probably won't notice the extra going out -- but might query the extra payment in at your annual review. The main thing is that your total annual income is what they expect it to be. Be ready to explain if they ask.
, I
so do you think I have no need to worry, xx
I also owe my son £200 he loaned me for xmas presents, will this query this going out of my bank account

dorothy245

User avatar
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by dorothy245 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:33 pm
dorothy245 wrote:
dorothy245 wrote:
dorothy245 wrote:
, I
so do you think I have no need to worry, xx
I also owe my son £200 he loaned me for xmas presents, will this query this going out of my bank account
or should I just give him the cash

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 28726
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:58 pm
dorothy245 wrote:
dorothy245 wrote:
dorothy245 wrote:
I also owe my son £200 he loaned me for xmas presents, will this query this going out of my bank account
or should I just give him the cash
Easier to give him the cash. As I say, as long as your total annual income matches that which the IP is expecting to see, it should be OK.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

dorothy245

User avatar
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by dorothy245 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:10 pm
Foggy wrote:
dorothy245 wrote:
dorothy245 wrote:
I also owe my son £200 he loaned me for xmas presents, will this query this going out of my bank account
or should I just give him the cash
Easier to give him the cash. As I say, as long as your total annual income matches that which the IP is expecting to see, it should be OK.
thank you
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”