6 months left chasing for p45?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Kirsty.m
by Kirsty.m » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:54 am
Hello ! I have 6 months left in my IVA and was made redundant over a year ago. Yesterday I was asked for my p45. I have sent all my p60’s, wage slips etc and was abit unsure why now this would be required as I sent all documents over to show I was redundant. They have advised it’s to see how much I earnt in my previous job but I find this irrelevant as I was with the company 6 years before I got my Iva so figured wouldn’t make sense anyway? I am worrying just incase I get any surprise requests for funds. Have I read too much into this possibly and it is just required for my file or would it be for another reason I haven’t been told about ? Thank you :)
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:56 am
I would just do what they request. Probably nothing to worry about.
Kirsty.m
by Kirsty.m » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:58 am
kallis3 wrote:
I would just do what they request. Probably nothing to worry about.

I agree thank you. I think as it’s so close to ending I am worrying incase anything causes a problem
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:21 am
At the end of the day non-compliance will do far more damage than anything they might be looking at. As long as you have been straight with them throughout the IVA and disclosed things like overtime and bonus payments, as well as the redundancy compensation (if any) there should be no surprises.
Kirsty.m
by Kirsty.m » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:38 am
Foggy wrote:
At the end of the day non-compliance will do far more damage than anything they might be looking at. As long as you have been straight with them throughout the IVA and disclosed things like overtime and bonus payments, as well as the redundancy compensation (if any) there should be no surprises.

Yes fully agree !! I would never not send anything it was more why it was being requested so long after I had left as I wasn’t sure what it was used for :) I paid a large lump Sum of redundancy as I went on maternity at the same time so I did pay quite a bit. And always declared over time even if it was an extra £50 :) thanks all
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”