60 th payment

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
bricky7264
by bricky7264 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:47 pm
At the end of March I’m due to make my final payment my Iva got agreed 23/01/13
Normally I get my new review/ payments in last week of jan
But this year still not had anything I’ve rang today to find out what’s happening and where I am if I owe anything etc
To be told we are busy after Xmas backlog which to me seems strange as it’s never happened before in previous years and I’ve had to fill another set of ppi forms out which I’ve been told not be done till 10th April
So my question is they had my accounts my i&e since 20th dec so why is the hold up and it’s now going to longer than 60 payments to clear and just seems I’ve got to end and it’s a false end

This is par for course with some firms
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:18 pm
Christmas, or indeed any, backlog is not a sufficient justification for poor service. However in the normal course of events completion can take up to 6 months ( although it is usually around 2). You are not expected to make further payments after the contracted number have been made, except to catch up any arrears or underpayments and, as for most of us, it is just a waiting game.
bricky7264
by bricky7264 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:31 pm
I’ve just had call saying now my accounts I’ve sent them are missing some info again had them 3 months and now saying need this before do final review just seems that now end is in sight oh we will drag it out
So saying be another 5/6 weeks before I know what if any arrears are outstanding
Up to now they have been good to work with but now just seems really bad customer service and to say not much can do with regards end of my Iva being extended is very poor if I’d said that to someone that I’m building a extension etc for I’d be lucky to carry on getting work
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:00 pm
bricky7264 wrote:
I’ve just had call saying now my accounts I’ve sent them are missing some info again had them 3 months and now saying need this before do final review just seems that now end is in sight oh we will drag it out
So saying be another 5/6 weeks before I know what if any arrears are outstanding
Up to now they have been good to work with but now just seems really bad customer service and to say not much can do with regards end of my Iva being extended is very poor if I’d said that to someone that I’m building a extension etc for I’d be lucky to carry on getting work

I cannot defend their attitude -- but, as regards to timescales, assuming you have the same clauses as most of us, the duration of the IVA is usually quoted as 66 months ( 6 payments and 6 months to finish and tie up loose ends) so they are within the agreed terms still --- there is also provision for this to be extended if need be. Hopefully thta won't be the case here.
bricky7264
by bricky7264 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:29 pm
Yes I understand that my moan is how slow they seem to be which hasn’t been case previously
Guess I was hoping to get letter saying no more payments after March but seems unlikely now but I’m nearly there lol
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:33 pm
bricky7264 wrote:
Yes I understand that my moan is how slow they seem to be which hasn’t been case previously
Guess I was hoping to get letter saying no more payments after March but seems unlikely now but I’m nearly there lol

Yep -- nearly there -- focus on that :-)

The impression I get is that most firms lose interest in you after the final payment : They have been paid and they are not going to be getting any more from you. All but the more su=ympathetic firms forget that they are dealing with real people who have real feelings, hopes and aspirations. They forget, or have never experienced, what a trial living in an IVA for 5 or 6 years is like and what a toll it really takes.
bricky7264
by bricky7264 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:19 pm
Foggy wrote:
bricky7264 wrote:

Yep -- nearly there -- focus on that :-)

The impression I get is that most firms lose interest in you after the final payment : They have been paid and they are not going to be getting any more from you. All but the more su=ympathetic firms forget that they are dealing with real people who have real feelings, hopes and aspirations. They forget, or have never experienced, what a trial living in an IVA for 5 or 6 years is like and what a toll it really takes.

Yes that’s the feeling I’m getting from them to add to it I’ve been in out hospital over last couple years and managed to keep everything on time but this cba attitude not helped me and ended up having a panic attack after my shouting down phone as I was thinking end of Iva end of hospital new start etc
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:29 am
If you have maintained payments and not missed any; if you have paid in any extras as you have gone along then you are 99% sure that March will be your ladt payment.
Ring them explain this and ask them in a 'telling way' that you believe you have fulfilled your requirements having made the 60th payment and therefore will suspend the standing order/ direct debit and will await their confirmation.
Should further payments be necessary pay them clerically upon request and full explanatio if what it is for.
This way you are in control and remain compliant.
bricky7264
by bricky7264 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:59 am
luluj wrote:
If you have maintained payments and not missed any; if you have paid in any extras as you have gone along then you are 99% sure that March will be your ladt payment.
Ring them explain this and ask them in a 'telling way' that you believe you have fulfilled your requirements having made the 60th payment and therefore will suspend the standing order/ direct debit and will await their confirmation.
Should further payments be necessary pay them clerically upon request and full explanatio if what it is for.
This way you are in control and remain compliant.

Hi just received my review and I owe 1800 quid as my wages had increased so got few more payments to make but now I know il try get it paid ASAP if the weather gets better lol
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:19 am
At least you are near the end now.
bricky7264
by bricky7264 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:39 pm
kallis3 wrote:

Yes and can’t wait :P
bricky7264
by bricky7264 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:19 am
kallis3 wrote:

Just to update made my last payment 3 weeks ago due to wage increases I owed 1875.45 p and signed all forms regarding new ppi etc now the wait for completion and if one thing comes from my Iva is how to look after what money I earn better

I hope I keep same habits of going online banking every week on pay day to see what’s going out what’s left so know what can or cannot spend as we now approaching winter (lol) and my work will be up down like yo yo which will be test of my scrimping and saving
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:36 am
Congratulations ! the habits learnt during the IVA will stick with you for quite some time ... I am 5 years on and still living like I am in the thing! Well ... spending like I am still in it, but I now have a bit of savings and can treat myself and my little family to better things every now and again, without getting any credit.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”