£6466 left of IVA payments, i am unsure £4500 is reasonable offer for F&F.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Beover
by Beover » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:12 pm
I have been in a IVA since July 2017 my payments are £122 per month. I have £6466 left of payments at the same rate.

A family member is able to give me 4500 in order to offer a full and final offer to my IP.

I am unsure if this is a reasonable offer and was hoping for some advice with this.

Thanks
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:17 pm
You currently have about 4 and a half years left -- so will be saving creditors over 4 years administration costs in having to deal with small quarterly dividends. I would hazzard that £4.5k is at the lower end of possibly acceptable offers, but I have seen lower accepted ( as well as higher refuse, I have to say). I would say that it is worth a shot.
Beover
by Beover » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:32 pm
Foggy wrote:
You currently have about 4 and a half years left -- so will be saving creditors over 4 years administration costs in having to deal with small quarterly dividends. I would hazzard that £4.5k is at the lower end of possibly acceptable offers, but I have seen lower accepted ( as well as higher refuse, I have to say). I would say that it is worth a shot.

Thank you for your response. What would be an more acceptable amount to offer...??

Thanks again :)
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:37 pm
Beover wrote:
Foggy wrote:

Thank you for your response. What would be an more acceptable amount to offer...??

I would have gone in at £5k, but I think £4.5k might have legs.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:58 pm
If they refeject you could always wait until you have a few month contributions under your belt then try again.
Beover
by Beover » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:15 pm
Would it be better to make this offer over the phone or in writing...?

Is there anything I need to mention whilst making the offer..??
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:24 pm
Beover wrote:
Would it be better to make this offer over the phone or in writing...?

Is there anything I need to mention whilst making the offer..??

Discuss it on the phone and they will tell you what they want. Make sure they know they are third party funds for the purposes of a F&F only and if the offer is rejected they will be retained by the donor and not available to the creditors. Ask them for a time scale -- most firms will take 2 - 3 months, a few will go up to 6 ! If they are one of the latter stipulate that payments made in the interim, after a given date, will be deducted from the lump sum offered.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:30 am
It will ultimately need to be in writing.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:31 am
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:19 am
Always say full and final and not settlement.
Beover
by Beover » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:49 am
Sorry one last question! Will the fact that I have been in the iva for such a short time disadvantage the offer.

Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:35 am
Beover wrote:
Sorry one last question! Will the fact that I have been in the iva for such a short time disadvantage the offer.

No -- in fact it represents more of a saving in time and administration to all parties.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”