A bit of a quandry

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
34 posts Page 3 of 3

sus65

Post by sus65 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:48 pm
Hi again

I have just received the paperwork form Payplan and they are signed on behalf of a J N Harrison (Supervisor).

Broke of London, your Dad and my ex sound remarkably similar. My ex owns property and has £1000's in the bank but because he is self employed and his accounts show a reduction in income, he gets away with it. My mother knows the score and the past history (I've had to involve the police before now due to his verbal and physical violence)and she has said she will pay off the debt for him just to get him off my back....and do you know what....he actually said yes to that! He'd rather take the money from a 70 year old, registered disabled pensioner than meet his own debt and responsibilities.

How low can you get?

Sus
Susan

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:51 pm
I do agree that he sounds like low life scum - your ex that is!

As to Mr Harrison, perhaps he has his fingers in many pies!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:02 pm
Hi sus, separated at birth! You and your mother sound like very strong and resourceful women...thank God! A great inspiration for your children.

sus65

Post by sus65 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:01 am
Thanks Broke of London, I've definately toughened up over recent years and my Mother has always been a tough old boot [:)]

Do feel as if I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment though. I really need to speak to a solicitor about my ex's actions and do my best to stop anything like this happening again but the cost is mind blowing - £160 plus VAT per hour and I'm told as a 'home owner' I'm not entitled to legal aid.

Sus
Susan
34 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”