Accepted but still have unanswered questions...

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

mjy69

Post by mjy69 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:28 pm
I've finally had my IVA accepted and pay my 1st of many payments in a fortnight.

Im still having creditors contacting me for the full balance - even after it was approved.

Likewise, two of them were utilities and they are still chasing the full amount..I thought that this all stopped and they only went on current balance as the IVA would rectify xx amount at the time of its approval?

Likewise, whats the position with the DWP for tax credits overpayments - they too were on my list - should I get any notification from them?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:37 pm
Hi,

Great news on the IVA.

As regards the letters, they will come for a while until the computer systems are all updated so don't worry about them.

I would forward them all on to your IP. You could also mention about the tax payments. I don't know if you will be notified about them or not.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:23 pm
The utility companies should allocate new numbers and take readings for the date of the meeting. The tax credit people should reinstate your entitlement in full and the arrears be entered as a debt in your IVA. The banks will continue to send letters for a while until their systems are fully updated so there is little to be concerned about.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”