Account showing as open on credit report.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Ferret123

Post by Ferret123 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:49 am
Morning,

Hopefully the last question I will have to ask. I was lucky enough to end my IVA early due to a full and final offer being accepted following an pain and suffering payout. Completion certificate received end of sept 19. Just trying to tidy up my credit report, all but one of my debts from the IVA have been marked as 0 balance and satisfied or partially satisfied. A debt from Barclays is still showing open with the balance remaining it does have a default date which is almost correct. So the question, as it’s still showing as open and with a balance will it still drop off after the 6 year mark as it’s defaulted or do I need to chase them up? I raised a dispute with trans union but that has been rejected. If it’s to drop off after the 6 year mark I’m not to bothered, it’s just getting to that point and then having I sort will be a little annoying.
Thanks as always for any answers.

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:35 pm
If you are happy with tyhe default date, just leave it as is --- the whole thing should drop off after 6 years from the default date regardless.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”