Advice on how to deal with changes to circumstances when in an IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
alant79
by alant79 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:47 pm
Hi there. My circumstances are changed and now I'm getting more money then before. The thing is that at the beginning it was a temporary cover (absence due to illness) for 3 months so I didn't inform my iva guys about changes (stupid, I know). eventually it's already 6th month of temporary cover and I am still didn't inform my iva. Even more I got a car because i need it to get to work (I didn't have a car when I did apply for iva). Fully understand that I am idiot and need to put this to an end. I'm about to call them and will see what's gonna be. Just wanna get some advise from you guys. I don't wanna lie to them so gonna tell them as it is. A bit scared coz don't really know what's gonna be now. Any advice how to deal with that kind of situation and what implication can I expect. Thank you in advance.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:51 pm
Hi,

You need to speak to your IP and you may find you are in breach. How did you manage to get a car when in an IVA?
alant79
by alant79 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:54 pm
kallis3 wrote:
Hi,

You need to speak to your IP and you may find you are in breach. How did you manage to get a car when in an IVA?

it's not a fancy new car. i paid 700 quids for that but it's really hard to get to work with no car so I had no choice.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:39 pm
Speak to your company asap. I assume the car was on finance?
alant79
by alant79 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:49 pm
kallis3 wrote:
Speak to your company asap. I assume the car was on finance?

no, i borrow money from my friend and repay quickly as i was getting more money at work.
alant79
by alant79 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:53 pm
i did some math and realise that i underpaid £1500 towards my iva. actually i didn't spend all this money and everything is on my bank account. maybe it would be possible to provide them all info and just repay this money to iva to not get in more trouble then I am now?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:59 pm
You need to speak to your IP.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:18 pm
As long as any money due to the IVA is made up your IP should be able to put it behind you -- but he will probably want to keep a closer eye on you in the future.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”