Advice on updating credit report where creditor has gone into liquidation

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
kelsus
by kelsus » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:04 pm
Hi all,

Looking for some urgent help. Me and my wife officially finished our IVA in August 2018 which is when we got our completion certificate. It started in September 2011

Also note we are now off the insolvency register.

Reviewing my Experian credit file and noticed one of my IVA creditors, namely, CIT Group (UK) Limited are showing a default on my account as being settled in October 2014 but shows me being 6 months in arrears in 2012. The issue is when doing a search on the web it would appear CIT went into liquidation. Used them as part of finance agreement for Dell computer at the time.

This is the only bad mark across all my credit records. My records with Equifax and Callcredit are clear.

My wife's records are all clear.

My question is who is the data controller in this scenario if company went into liquidation? Surely there must be a process to update my credit record if i can prove the debt was included in my IVA?

Any advice would be appreciated as its only negative and rather it be rectified.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:02 pm
You say CIT are showing a default -- what is the date of default ? The whole entry should disappear 6 years from that date, regardless of history or status.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:05 pm
I would write to all the credit reference companies and ask this question to them. They would be far more versed in what you would be required to do to get your records updated than anyone. Unless one of the experts has a solution that is.
kelsus
by kelsus » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:29 pm
Foggy wrote:
You say CIT are showing a default -- what is the date of default ? The whole entry should disappear 6 years from that date, regardless of history or status.

Hi Foggy, ok so actually doesn't show default it shows as settled but references 6 late payments

To be specific it shows following:

Account started: 23/11/2009
Date debt assigned as 01/11/2014
Updated: 02/11/2014
Current status: Settled
Settlement Date: 30/10/2014
Balance £0

I think it's the date settled and assigned I have issue with in that IVA started in September 2011
kelsus
by kelsus » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:31 pm
MerlinL14 wrote:
I would write to all the credit reference companies and ask this question to them. They would be far more versed in what you would be required to do to get your records updated than anyone. Unless one of the experts has a solution that is.

Thanks Merlin just thought I'd ask here first in case anyone else had similar experience. You don't tend to get quick responses from agencies but take your point.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”