advice please in buying the interest in my son's property.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

june_e_barrett

Post by june_e_barrett » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:45 pm
I have received a letter today confirming the Official Receiver will accept my offer of £2,000 to buy the interest in my son's property. They have asked me to send two cheques. 1 cheque made payable to their solicitor for £474 and 1 cheque made payable to the Official Receiver for £2,000 and to provide these cheques within 21 days. They have not asked for any solicitors details from myself - do I need to get a solicitor or do I send the cheques and then wait to hear further from them, I am a little worried as what to do next after sending them the cheques. I would be grateful for any advice please. kind regards June

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:21 am
Hi June,

You do not need to appoint a solicitor if you don't want to. If you decide to appoint a solicitor to oversee the purchase of BI, then you would have to pay their fees on top of what you pay the OR.

After sending the cheques off, you should receive notification from the OR confirming your interest in the property.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:32 am
I thought BI only cost £1 plus £211 court costs?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:14 am
kallis3 wrote:

I thought BI only cost £1 plus £211 court costs?
Only if their is no equity I though,as you are insuring that future beneficial interest is not taken.

I assume there is equity in the property.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”