Advice please

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Jeseva

Post by Jeseva » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:38 pm
Hi, new here and been in an IVA around 8 months. I have 2 children and finally passed my driving test so needed a car. It had to be automatic as I have a medical condition, I recieved 5k inheritance from my grandmother who passed in September (one month after starting the IVA). I asked to keep 3,800 to buy a certain car and sent them the details. This was in March.

They arranged a meeting of creditors for over a month's time.. in the meantime the car was sold, we found another for the same price. Sent to creditfix again, same thing happened and it was sold as the meeting took so long. So my mum bought a car with the plan for me to then buy it from her if its approved. (They've said high chance it will be as I've also had to ask to extend my term by 12 months for them to accept). I asked previously if I can buy privately or from friends and family and creditfix said yes a song as can provide an invoice and see the transaction from my account to theirs if approved.

I have been driving it around, she has insured it and her online bank wouldn't work so we set the tax up monthly from my account. Now I'm panicking incase once its accepted, they'll see the tax with the registration like I already own it? Will this be an issue do you think? Is this fraud? :?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:01 pm
Seeing as it is a situation of CFs own making, they should be alright with it .... and they are getting an extra year !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:04 pm
If you have a medical condition, have you thought about a motability car?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Jeseva

Post by Jeseva » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:10 pm
I don't think I'd qualify tbh, it's a hand condition that I was born with and have had reconstructive surgery on. So makes it very difficult to do the gears and handbrake x

Jeseva

Post by Jeseva » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:57 am
They've postponed my creditors meeting, then asked for my confirmation to extend for 12 months, I have agreed and recieved an email this morning to say it's all been accepted for me to allow to keep the funds for a car. So I've called them to ask how I transfer the difference to them and they've now said they haven't emailed me and are still awaiting an outcome? They've messed me around so much, telling me all different information. Nobody seems to know what the other are doing. I've never known a company like it!!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:29 am
Communication and the connection between backside and elbow has never been CFs strongpoint and customers will often get different versions of a story to cover up the real reason --- often revolving around the fees that CF charge.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”