Affordability Passport

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
sarah859
by sarah859 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:58 pm
I posted another topic just now but this unrelated.

I have asked to review my income and expenditure with creditfix and they have emailed me a link to create an online affordability passport.

This would allow them to request my bank statements for the past 6 months on my behalf.

My question is, would this affect my relationship with my bank?

I changed my bank account to a basic one when I started my IVA 5 months ago but I'm worried they'll mark me as a risk and might want to stop servicing me.

Obviously I do not intend to apply for any kind of credit, I've just read some stories of people being told to leave and get another account even though they stay in credit.

I am currently passing my dad any extra money at the end of each month to save for emergencies so I don't (hopefully ever) have to apply or borrow money again.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:05 pm
I would not give a company access to your bank accounts. You can send them via email or snail mail.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:16 pm
It shouldn't affect your relationship directly -- but I wouldn't give any third party any access to my accounts.
sarah859
by sarah859 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:12 pm
Thank you, it's very tempting to take the hassle out of it and just let them do it but I don't want to risk anything (I'm a worrier)

I have my mortgage with my current bank account and I've never been in any arrears with them, it's fixed until 2027 so my IVA will be off my record by then for renewal.
abbiesmum2003
by abbiesmum2003 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:19 pm
I am with creditfix and would never trust anybody else to have access to my bank accounts. They do not need to access them. Something very odd about that request.
All reviews have been competed with an I&E form, copies of payslips and letters of confirmation for direct debits changing.
I would be very anxious about giving an external company access to my bank account.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:57 am
CF are well known for doing this. You do not have to do it.
sarah859
by sarah859 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:24 am
kallis3 wrote:

do you know if it's ever caused trouble for people? I can't find any reviews for this programme online
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:35 am
No idea but I would not let anyone have access to my bank account.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:43 am
sarah859 wrote:
kallis3 wrote:

do you know if it's ever caused trouble for people? I can't find any reviews for this programme online

I have not heard of any problems caused but with the amount of computerised databases being unintentionally shared these days third party access is something I would, personally, avoid like the plague.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”