ajearned creditor's meeting

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
john775
by john775 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:14 pm
on the 4th Jan had a creditor's meeting only 1 had voted my iP ajerned t till the 11th Jan is this usuall and if they don't voted this time where do I stand understand with it being holiday period thanks
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:19 pm
I assume the one vote was a "No" --- they will canvass the other creditors to try to get a "Yes" majority. If still no, then you will need to consider other solutions. Seems odd that they have had only the one response though.
john775
by john775 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:27 pm
Foggy wrote:
I assume the one vote was a "No" --- they will canvass the other creditors to try to get a "Yes" majority. If still no, then you will need to consider other solutions. Seems odd that they have had only the one response though.

when I spoke to the IP on the 4 Jan he said it could be because of the holidays and that usual this time of year propsal was only sent out on the 18 December
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:35 pm
john775 wrote:
Foggy wrote:

when I spoke to the IP on the 4 Jan he said it could be because of the holidays and that usual this time of year propsal was only sent out on the 18 December

Possibly -- they are supposed to give creditors 14 days notice. Probably unwise to try this over Christmas / New Year.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:10 pm
Really hope they are able to turn the decision of creditors in your favour ..good luck this week !
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:22 pm
Fingers crossed it goes through!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”