Am I able to request which IVA company he is using

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
daniel252
by daniel252 » Thu May 31, 2018 1:22 pm
I am owed £2000 from a builder who has now since gone into an IVA, I am not listed as a creditor and I feel he is just lying with me to delay paying me anything. He has informed me that the money he had to pay me has now been accounted for by the IVA company and will not release it to him.

Am I able to request from him what IVA company he has used and contact them? As talking with him is getting me no where.

Ideally I do not want to take him to court as need to the money to repair the damage he caused to the house asap.

Any help or comments you can offer will be appreciated.
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Thu May 31, 2018 2:31 pm
The insolvency register is publicly available so you could potentially search the builder on there if you know his full name and have a vague idea of his age /address you would see the insolvency practitioner listed on there.

https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk ... erPage.asp
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu May 31, 2018 2:56 pm
Yes ask him because if he has not recorded you as a creditor he could find his IVA is voided....!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:37 am
If you are included in his IVA, as you should be, you will only get pennies in the pound back and not be able to chase the rest. If he has deliberately left you out (ie lied about his debts) the IVA could be voided and you could chase him for the full amount.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”