Am I in breach of my IVA?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Paddington1958
by Paddington1958 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:10 pm
I think I may be in breach of my IVA. I'm in my 5th year with about 8 months to go. I've never missed a payment but have taken out 2 credit cards since the IVA started and have additional debt of £4000. I'm ay my wits end, like I was before the IVA started. I'm so scared this will fail. I've cut these cards up now so I can't spend on these. I'm trying to make some extra money by doing car boots and ebay. I'm even prepared to do another 2 years if necessary so this does not fail. Can you give some advise
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:05 am
Paddington1958 wrote:
I think I may be in breach of my IVA. I'm in my 5th year with about 8 months to go. I've never missed a payment but have taken out 2 credit cards since the IVA started and have additional debt of £4000. I'm ay my wits end, like I was before the IVA started. I'm so scared this will fail. I've cut these cards up now so I can't spend on these. I'm trying to make some extra money by doing car boots and ebay. I'm even prepared to do another 2 years if necessary so this does not fail. Can you give some advise

Yes, you have breached the IVA. Why have you taken on this additional credit and who with ? Cutting up the cards is a start, but the debt still exists.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:08 pm
I'm really surprised you were able to get commercial credit post IVA. Are you sure it's an IVA you are in?

You will have breached any IVA terms as regards credit and should come clean to your IP.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:55 pm
I am also surprised you managed to get credit - how much do you owe?

Which company are you with? You need to come clean.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”